Will a "Robin Hood" tax ruin everything?

Are you really that shallow ?

If your idea of being 'shallow' is working hard and occasionally taking time out to enjoy the trappings of my success, then yes, I am as 'shallow' as they come.

If there were more people as 'shallow as me this country wouldn't be in the state that it is now. The sad fact is that there are two many glarss backs that sit around all day and are subsidised by us 'shallows'.

Oh and guess what? Now they propose to take even more tax from the 'shallows' to give to those moaning, lazy glarss backs!

http://robinhoodtax.org/

this is what he is talking about.

I read somewhere that Ben Reeves (while surrounded by his cronies) had made a statement to the press:

"The Robin Hood Tax is three decades too late, but now at least we can hope to see the fat cat developers, business men and bankers of the eighties be made to pay their dues."

:loopy:

Very funny.;)

I think if enough high earners got together in protest this whole thing could be quashed, though not in the same vein as the "occupy somewhere irrelevant" fools.

Your joke, at first hearing is funny, it wears a bit thin after a bit.

It is a bit like 'the pub landlord' joke, it was funny for while then got very boring.

A true comic knows when the joke is over.

It is a bit like 'the pub landlord' joke, it was funny for while then got very boring.

This is no joke but I know where you are coming from, you are referring to the protests outside the cathederal wearing thin and I agree with you 100%.;)

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if the decent business people of this city were to protest against a RH tax outside the cathedral, they would by now have acheived a result in their favour. Something that those occupy sheffield scroungers will never realise.

I thought the tax was on pubs given the name Robin Hood-well on alcohol sales.If it is a tax on financial transactions it will damage many people in sheffield who buy postal orders,stamps and vouchers as gifts.The small print will ensnare many small fry along with the bigger sharks,so best be careful if you think it will only squeeze the rich.

Archived