Will a "Robin Hood" tax ruin everything?

I think it will.

Are my generation, those that can afford to buy what they want (through hard work), the exotic cars, the designer suits, the big house in the best part of Yorkshire and further afield, to become a thing of the past?

Will this proposed 'rob from the rich to feed the poor' tax quash the very inspiration that produced so many success stories in the 80's? I think so.

Will the children of the 80's be the last generation to be consigned to history as 'the successful generation'? Will todays generation, and those that will follow, never experience the prosperity that those of us from the 80's enjoyed to the hilt? I hope not. :(

What do you think my friends?

Will a "Robin Hood" tax ruin everything? Stopping Overseas Aid would be a better place to start.

I thought the tax was on pubs given the name Robin Hood-well on alcohol sales.If it is a tax on financial transactions it will damage many people in sheffield who buy postal orders,stamps and vouchers as gifts.The small print will ensnare many small fry along with the bigger sharks,so best be careful if you think it will only squeeze the rich.

A very, very astute observation gnvq'. The smartest post on the subject thus far.

What i really meant was this funny manofstad thing, it is a bit of a farrce.

Or do you lot really beleive him/her?

Balpin, If you wish to post something on the topic your post will be well received. If you are here solely to insult me you will find your posts removed or worse as several other like minded posters have found.

Now, What are your views on a RH Tax? :)

it would oly be a Robin Hood Tax if it helped our poor first not other countries.

The RH tax is based on taking more money from the hard workers of this country to give to the none workers of this country. Plain and simple, nothing to do with foreign aid or charity.

I hope that has cleared it up for you. :)

Balpin, If you wish to post something on the topic your post will be well received. If you are here solely to insult me you will find your posts removed or worse as several other like minded posters have found.

Now, What are your views on a RH Tax? :)

Please expalin yourself, that sound disturbing to me.

Do you mean some thing harmful will happen to an old man of over 62 years if I do not agree with you?

I think I should repoert you young man.

The RH tax is based on taking more money from the hard workers of this country to give to the none workers of this country. Plain and simple, nothing to do with foreign aid or charity.

I hope that has cleared it up for you. :)

Then its not a Robin Hood tax if its not taking money from the rich is it? In fact all it does is maintain the Status Quo because most of the rich manage to pay little or no tax.

Archived