Most bankers are crooks

Go back and look, it wasn't a comical guess (note how I noted it was a guess at the time), i'm glad you picked up on that one I thought it wouldn't be obvious.

The thing is, i've not learnt anything new from watching this film, i've been aware of it since before the crash. So when I find some sensationalist film inspiring someone to think they know it all by watching a single film and throw around blame like they know, well quite frankly is funny.

I'm aware of the significance of the content, i've tried to make that obvious to you, but it seems that with a few on this thread that unless I (and others) totally agree with your shallow insights that we are totally wrong and need to be called names.

With all due respect it doesn't seem that you are aware of the significance of the content at all. I've not called you any names spooky - check back through the thread.

I'm sorry if you find mine and others insights shallow. I won't be losing any sleep tonight ;)

Tell me, where can you buy a reasonable decent family sized home without paying upwards of four or five years salary?

There's plenty, go and do your own research or move to somewhere cheaper like Rotherham.

Well I was really on about others, i've not really seen any contribution either way from you.

Yes, but you specifically attacked me and said I had shallow insights, had called you names, accused me of watching one film and pretending to be an expert.

I don't expect an apology but please try and be civil, and of course patient with those posters who don't enjoy your level of insight into the current crisis ;)

Germany is in much better economic circumstances than ourselves,yet most of the population rent and are not gasping to get on the "property ladder"!

Does Germany have a housing crisis? I ask because I don't know.

I do know that German students only pay about £400 a year tuition fees. I'm afraid I don't see your point.

Yes, but you specifically attacked me and said I had shallow insights, had called you names, accused me of watching one film and pretending to be an expert.

I don't expect an apology but please try and be civil, and of course patient with those posters who don't enjoy your level of insight into the current crisis ;)

Don't take it so personally, I wasn't really referring to you in the whole, but you do go on kid.

And no, don't hold out for an apology, why would you think you deserved one? What for your sarcasm or little point scoring? Get back on topic!

Does Germany have a housing crisis? I ask because I don't know.

I do know that German students only pay about £400 a year tuition fees. I'm afraid I don't see your point.

In Germany they are not house centric, they are generally quite happy to have flats and such and in many cases are more than happy to rent.

The culture here is very different. So when Labour tried to solve their housing crisis by building flats they failed.

I think you'll find they are.

Roughly half of public sector pensions are unfunded. The other half are funded.

The funded schemes invest member contibutions in assets etc... similar to how private pension schemes do. Unfunded schemes don't hold funds to invest - they 'loan' member contributions to the government which agrees to pay out on pensions later in return.

Neither type of public sector pension scheme is a tradeable commodity.

Archived