Most bankers are crooks

No they aren't!

The counter clerk at your local bank has done nothing wrong, the geezer who works at the call centre has done nothing wrong, the woman who works at the processing centre has done nothing wrong ....

... these are the vast majority of people who work at banks. Honest, hard working people doing a variety of jobs that we all need. Without them we wouldn't have our money when we needed it, our mortgages or our loans, etc.

Yes they are some very fat cats in banking, as in everyother private enterprise. The taxpayer shouldn't have to cough up to pay for their mistakes, agreed. But to title the thread "most bankers are crooks" is incorrect and ignorant.

I think the OP means bankers to mean those in control as distinct from bankworkers who are under orders and therefore less culpable.It is ,nice Sir Enoch ,to note you a more rational side to your character which makes many of your posts all the more alarming and staggering in their fatuousness.

You're demonstratively wrong about the background of politicians.

If you feel that strongly about it why not stand as an MP yourself?

And when offered a store card, are you not given an application form with all those details on it. It's not misselling if a person on a till can't answer those questions and you don't bother to read the application form.

Tell me when you are behind me in the queue (& there is only one serving) & I will gladly read every term / condition & digest them.....whilst you wait behind me!!!! :hihi::hihi:

I honestly don't think things like storecards should be peddled at tillpoints.....there is a time & a place & that's not it!

If you're still wondering what those wierd people are doing outside Sheffield Cathedral, watch 'Inside Job' BBC2 9.0pm. On now!
I've walked past once or twice - all they seem to be doing is pestering passers-by for cigarettes, smelling like tramps, and generally making the place look a mess.

The council should ask the Police to remove them - very roughly.

If the 99% are not happy with the way banks work they should change bank and actually make a point! Thats how you make a difference!

People should stop moaning about bankers if they are not prepared to do something practical about it.

I have moved to the co-op:thumbsup:

If the 99% are not happy with the way banks work they should change bank and actually make a point! Thats how you make a difference!

People should stop moaning about bankers if they are not prepared to do something practical about it.

We moved there years ago and have found them to be an excellent bank.

Same here I now bank with the Co-Op for the same reason, on the same note is there any other big high street shops who are ethical?

And in response to the store card misselling point - who in all honesty would read through a page or more of small print after being offering a discount incentive at a till for signing up for a store card? And even if they did, would someone without a legal background it all? No - and the people behind flogging them know it.

Quite true. But take a look at The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999).

It's clear (just 5 points) and unequivocal. Companies cannot rely on 'small print' - it needs to be agreed in advance with each consumer.

Does it work? Well, it got the regions biggest, bentest estate agency off my back!

Bit of an interesting snippet.

A high st bank will pay tax roughly to the same amount it makes from personal and commercial customers.

Personal banking costs the average punter about a fiver a year. NB, note I said average.

The big money is in corporate and investment banking.

The banks are businesses, some are good and weathered the financial troubles without any bailouts. I wonder how people feel about these? Eg HSBC, barclays etc?

Archived