Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

No faffing with this one. Let's get straight to the point without any equivocation, vacillation or repudiation. We'll have no umms and ahhs; no talking around the point; no going away for a think and definitely no coming back tomorrow.

Vote now before you change your mind.

Should the UK be in or out of the EU?

I'm going to equivocate...

We should be a part of the free trade area allowing the flow of imports and exports without hindrance from customs and excise. That much makes sense, but the rest, forget it.

free trade isn't about customs and excise it's about governments erecting trade barriers using punitive tarrifs and/or legislation to prevent certain goods being sold.

free trade isn't about customs and excise it's about governments erecting trade barriers using punitive tarrifs and/or legislation to prevent certain goods being sold.

OK, I'm against that too. We should have free trade with Europe, but keep our own government as the only law making body for our country. Why would we want it any different?

Customs & excise are usually the people responsible for enforcing those trade barriers, except they're called hmrc & the uk border agency now.

We're better off in the EU than out of it because it is a large relatively free trade area. We need free trade with as many countries as possible.

It'd be possible to leave the EU & still have free trade agreements with the EU, like Switzerland, but that would leave us still having to play by all the EU's rules & not being in any position to influence them at all.

You won't get a fair answer on here. All the sensible people left this forum to the fascists long ago.

The E.U. is simply a method of bypassing democracy and overriding national sovereignty. There are now a bunch of unelected self styled "Technocrats" making decisions that effect the voiceless citizens of Europe. Their ultimate goal is a dictatorial "United States of Europe." All the decisions they make are in the interests of the banks and harmful to the people.

I'd be in favour of international integration if it was democratic. I find the lack of democracy in Europe deeply offensive.

You won't get a fair answer on here. All the sensible people left this forum to the fascists long ago.

The E.U. is simply a method of bypassing democracy and overriding national sovereignty. There are now a bunch of unelected self styled "Technocrats" making decisions that effect the voiceless citizens of Europe. Their ultimate goal is a dictatorial "United States of Europe." All the decisions they make are in the interests of the banks and harmful to the people.

I'd be in favour of international integration if it was democratic. I find the lack of democracy in Europe deeply offensive.

I agree. The UK joined an EEC which all know is not the same as the EU now in place.

The UK should certainly have cordial relations with European countries PLUS a good and neighbourly free-trading relationship.

BUT no: the EU should have no part to play in the governance of the UK and law-making.

Archived