Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

Why would you think that we couldn't? We aren't landlocked like Switzerland and they manage OK.

I'm not saying you couldn't. I asked a question. Britain has a population of 70,000,000 which needs to be kept gainfully employed. You cant compare it to Switzerland.

Would Britain if it left the EU still be a part of producing Airbus commercial aircraft for example? This is a very lucrative and also highly competetive industry, Boeing being the other big competitor. Would Rolls-Royce continue to be the main supplier of the engines or would the Germans and the French just develop their own together.

As I understand it all the Euro countries are promising to put money into an IMF bailout find for Euro countries if they have to. It's a sort of guarantee to chip in if required but they don't actually have to stump up the cash now.

Thanks Jim.......I think:confused:

So basically, if I understand you right, its a bit like..... say, a few mates who can't afford their respective mortgages, get their heads together in the pub and decide that if one of their gang looks like defaulting, then they will all club together to make that months payment......... even though they all know that every other member of their little gang, hasn't got the money in the first place without borrowing it........ when they can't even afford the debts they've got already ???????

I'm not saying you couldn't. I asked a question. Britain has a population of 70,000,000 which needs to be kept gainfully employed. You cant compare it to Switzerland.

Would Britain if it left the EU still be a part of producing Airbus commercial aircraft for example? This is a very lucrative and also highly competetive industry, Boeing being the other big competitor. Would Rolls-Royce continue to be the main supplier of the engines or would the Germans and the French just develop their own together.

I'm not sure that the airbus would fly without wings and what you think the other partners would gain by buying engines from a non eu Prat and Witney.

Perhaps the Americans should just but out of European politics and find a foreign war to loose.

I'm not sure that the airbus would fly without wings and what you think the other partners would gain by buying engines from a non eu Prat and Witney.

Perhaps the Americans should just but out of European politics and find a foreign war to loose.

Stupid comment ! However unfortunately it will have to be American money that is to be part of the Euro bailout since it's part of a hellish bond with Euro economies.

You dont seem to know much do you? You're comments on WW2 just showed your ignorance of the subject.

But never mind there are plenty more like you :hihi:. Little xenophobes with their heads up their backsides

I don't think the fall out from a UK departure from the EU would be so bad, economically. A few unknowns there admittedly.

In any case, I'd still vote us out, as would a majority of UK voters. Where is our right to self-determination that we so commonly invoke in foreign policy?

P.S. since when did America have money? You're $15 trillion in debt last time I looked.

P.S. since when did America have money? You're $15 trillion in debt last time I looked.

Being in debt is not the same as having no money - if you have a mortgage you are in debt - it doesn't automatically mean you are skint

I have met many people over the years who have massive debts and large incomes

Stupid comment ! However unfortunately it will have to be American money that is to be part of the Euro bailout since it's part of a hellish bond with Euro economies.

You dont seem to know much do you? You're comments on WW2 just showed your ignorance of the subject.

But never mind there are plenty more like you :hihi:. Little xenophobes with their heads up their backsides

Stupid comment. The American's are further in debt than we are. Perhaps you should check out your own country's credit rating before you start giving advice to others. 90% of the problem in the world are caused by the Americans sticking their noses into other countries affairs. So get your own house in order before you start offering advice.

I clearly know more about WW2 than you do. I know that in 1941 the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour and Germany declared war on the USA. Not the other way around like most Yanks like to suggest. So extract you head from your own backside and save your advice for Wall Street and the folks who caused the world's financial crisis.

Exactly

I think Rolls Royce are fairly safe, they supply engines for a lot of Boeing aircraft too, I think they're the top supplier of jet engines in the world. It'd be hard for the Germans or French to compete. Maybe we'd lose the wings? Again, BAE make the best wings, so it'd be tough.

A lot of our business depends on the EU, billions would be lost to the economy by pulling out, much more than the government pays in.

We can't compare our economy with Norway either, they have a small population, and lots of oil & gas. We can compare the relationship with the EU, if we went that way then we'd have no influence at all & still have to accept whatever the EU says, just like Norway & Switzerland do, otherwise face losing even more business to trade restrictions.

It was stupid to use the veto like we did, we don't even know what the treaty is yet, it hasn't been finalised. Now we've lost influence on the negotiations. We shouldn't be paying to bail out the EU through a tax on our financial sector, but we should still be there trying to get the best deal we can out of it.

Archived