Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

Thousands of American airmen died carrying out daylight raids in B-17 and B-24 bombers and there was nothing shoddy or out of date about those aircraft nor the destroyers, carriers and aircraft that defeated the Japanese navy.

It is pretty difficult to imagine how the ex WW1 destroyers that were sold to the UK under lend lease were the aircraft destroyers, carriers and aircraft that defeated the Japanese navy.

I think your time in the air raid shelter has left you senile.

I hope you're not a native Sheffielder. I would hate to think I have anything in common with you. Since you really have nothing in depth to contribute I wont bother any further.

Go wave your little flag and continue your rants against the EU

That seems to be your standard response when you realise you are out of your depth on a subject. Why not stick to your life in America and worry about your own economy as it goes down the pipe.

It is pretty difficult to imagine how the ex WW1 destroyers that were sold to the UK under lend lease were the aircraft destroyers, carriers and aircraft that defeated the Japanese navy.

I think your time in the air raid shelter has left you senile.

They were old obsolete destoyers dating back to WW1 and the 1920s. Churchill was anxious to get them apparently so call him senile or maybe in retropsect you know better than he did.

I've changed my mind Emily. I'm getting some early morning entertainment from your continuing lack of knowledge and crass ignorance. Do please continue :hihi:

That seems to be your standard response when you realise you are out of your depth on a subject. Why not stick to your life in America and worry about your own economy as it goes down the pipe.

Some more education for the unenlightened I see :hihi:

The DOW (and that's not the name of a brrand of beer by the way in case you think so) went up 345 points on the stock market yesterday.

Consumer spending leading up to Christmas has been the best in three years and unemployemt down to 8.5 the lowest since 2008

Duh ! They may be mistaken of course but some finacial pundits are saying that it could be signs of a recovery.

The upward surge in the DOW by the way was caused by what appears to be a possible solution to the EU debt crisis in the works.

It's mainly the Euro crisis that's preventing the US stock market from going even higher

They were old obsolete destoyers dating back to WW1 and the 1920s. Churchill was anxious to get them apparently so call him senile or maybe in retropsect you know better than he did.

I've changed my mind Emily. I'm getting some early morning entertainment from your continuing lack of knowledge and crass ignorance. Do please continue :hihi:

I realised that you were just bored. Is the TV down in your old folks home?

To be honest there isn't any point bothering to discuss anything with a senile old man with the IQ and the false sense of history of Grandpa Simpson.

I realised that you were just bored. Is the TV down in your old folks home?

To be honest there isn't any point bothering to discuss anything with a senile old man with the IQ and the false sense of history of Grandpa Simpson.

No Emily sweetcakes my 70 inch Mitsubishi flat screen high def TV occupies pride of place in the living room of my 2500 square foot home with three car garage and 2 full bathrooms and backyard swimming pool.

How about you? How are things these days in Healy Bottom Council estates?

Dont bother to answer. Just keep your promise and bugger off out of it :hihi:

I think Rolls Royce are fairly safe, they supply engines for a lot of Boeing aircraft too, I think they're the top supplier of jet engines in the world. It'd be hard for the Germans or French to compete. Maybe we'd lose the wings? Again, BAE make the best wings, so it'd be tough.

A lot of our business depends on the EU, billions would be lost to the economy by pulling out, much more than the government pays in.

We can't compare our economy with Norway either, they have a small population, and lots of oil & gas. We can compare the relationship with the EU, if we went that way then we'd have no influence at all & still have to accept whatever the EU says, just like Norway & Switzerland do, otherwise face losing even more business to trade restrictions.

It was stupid to use the veto like we did, we don't even know what the treaty is yet, it hasn't been finalised. Now we've lost influence on the negotiations. We shouldn't be paying to bail out the EU through a tax on our financial sector, but we should still be there trying to get the best deal we can out of it.

Britain could easily have been the big player in the EU alongside Germany if Thatcher with her reactionary ideas hadn't let the French take that place instead. Britains economy at that time was far better than France's. The Tories like the Tea Party Republicans in the US still think like people did 50 years ago. Pure reactionaries in every sense.

Rolls-Royce will do well with the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the first production off the line aircraft having just been sold to Japan airlines.

The aircraft comes with the option of either General Electric or Rolls-Royce power plants.

Congratulations on an intelligent down to earth post by the way.

No Emily sweetcakes my 70 inch Mitsubishi flat screen high def TV occupies pride of place in the living room of my 2500 square foot home with three car garage and 2 full bathrooms and backyard swimming pool.

How about you? How are things these days in Healy Bottom Council estates?

Dont bother to answer. Just keep your promise and bugger off out of it :hihi:

If that's what you want to beleive Abe

We all know that you Americans like to make things up and then put it forward as the truth. You perhaps even believe some of it due to the medication.

By the way I think it is spelled Heeley and I don't live there, nor on a council estate. Neither do I have a 70 inch TV. That's because I still have a life and don't have time to sit around all day when I could be out and about. I do believe the 2 full bathrooms though. You should get your nurse to flush them next time she comes round with your meals on wheels.

I don't think the fall out from a UK departure from the EU would be so bad, economically. A few unknowns there admittedly.

In any case, I'd still vote us out, as would a majority of UK voters. Where is our right to self-determination that we so commonly invoke in foreign policy?

P.S. since when did America have money? You're $15 trillion in debt last time I looked.

A few unknowns right enough. What makes you think you have anymore insights into how Britain's future would be outside the EU than the leading British economical experts ? ,,,,, and believe me the British Gurus on that subject are a very smart bunch indeed.

I dont want to sound arrogant but I know I am by saying that putting a vote for contining membership in the hands of the ordinary voter is also consulting the great "unwashed and unlearned" who even though they may be very intelligent people in every other sense of the word more than likely dont have a clue into the insight of what the economic consequences for Britain would be by withdrawing.

I can't see why it would make any difference to be honest anywebsite. EADS / Airbus doesn't belong to the EU and it's taken 30+ years for RR to develop their engines to the world beaters that they are today.

Over and above that, Boeing would be over the moon if the EU tried to chop UK innovation and engineering out of the equation and they'd partner up the next day and ruin EADS civilian business.

Boeing chose RR to power their new Dreamliner, not an American engine.

Quite wrong ! I had the opportunity to tour the Boeing Aircraft plant in Everett, Washington a couple of years ago.

The 787 will have the option of either General Electric or Rolls-Royce engines. There were mock ups of both engines on display.

The 787 is expected to have the same success as the record beating 737.

The 747 will also continue to be manufactured under a new version the 787-8 series.

Archived