Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

Of course it has options, all modern airliners have options instead of a couple of DH Gypsy's nailed on either side. I said (and you highlighted) that Boeing chose RR engines to power their new Dreamliner. RR certification is complete and Boeing did the 787's flight testing partnered with RR. The 'Merkin GE option still isn't certified so far as I'm aware.

If you want a silly redneck pishing competition you should find an easier target, or a topic that you know about.

Now then, shall we move the thread back to the topic in the OP?

Thanks.

So you're suggesting that every American voter needs to take a test on world affairs before he or she be allowed to vote? You don't know us very well do you. That was Britain's problem in 1776.

Buck, I'm suggesting no such thing. I was drawing a parallel with HarleyMans suggestion that the good people of the UK be "educated" ie told to vote for the EU, before they could vote on the EU.

Just trying to put it into a perspective our cousins over the pond could relate to.

Of course it has options, all modern airliners have options instead of a couple of DH Gypsy's nailed on either side. I said (and you highlighted) that Boeing chose RR engines to power their new Dreamliner. RR certification is complete and Boeing did the 787's flight testing partnered with RR. The 'Merkin GE option still isn't certified so far as I'm aware.

If you want a silly redneck pishing competition you should find an easier target, or a topic that you know about.

Now then, shall we move the thread back to the topic in the OP?

Thanks.

Oh Yeah ! Hear ye ! The Legend In His Own Mind has just spoken :hihi:

So you want to get back on topic? Fair enough. Let's have the benefit of some of your wisdom as to why or why not Britain should remain in or out of the EU?

All you've done so far is asked for an "in" or "out" vote. That's no bleddy good at all and means nothing.

At least Jim and Emily put in their two pennies worth which was rubbish but had a thought, however misguided, behind it

Buck, I'm suggesting no such thing. I was drawing a parallel with HarleyMans suggestion that the good people of the UK be "educated" ie told to vote for the EU, before they could vote on the EU.

Just trying to put it into a perspective our cousins over the pond could relate to.

I'm sure the good people of the UK are educated and smart enough but do they know enough about the economic consequences for good or bad as a result of withdrawing from the EU? That's all I'm asking

This issue isn't about the "Germans and the French running everything" which I'm sure must raise the hackles of the xenophobes ( no names mentioned :D) it's about the hard reality of economics and trade in an ever changing world and a global economy.

Oh Yeah ! Hear ye ! The Legend In His Own Mind has just spoken :hihi:

So you want to get back on topic? Fair enough. Let's have the benefit of some of your wisdom as to why or why not Britain should remain in or out of the EU?

All you've done so far is asked for an "in" or "out" vote. That's no bleddy good at all and means nothing.

At least Jim and Emily put in their two pennies worth which was rubbish but had a thought, however misguided, behind it

Silly boy.

Anyway, some of my topical insights and thoughts are contained around SF if you want to search, but in short, the UK (not "Britain" as you put it) doesn't need to anything except maintain position. The Eurozone is collapsing under it's own weight and the EU will follow it down.

The American economy is doing the same, but like the UK but not the EU, the USA can print it's own money for bond auctions and use it as a low grade but possibly just-buoyant-enough lifebelt.

Don't confuse that with being in control though, no matter how many flags you flutter over the swamp.

Silly boy.

Anyway, some of my topical insights and thoughts are contained around SF if you want to search, but in short, the UK (not "Britain" as you put it) doesn't need to anything except maintain position. The Eurozone is collapsing under it's own weight and the EU will follow it down.

The American economy is doing the same, but like the UK but not the EU, the USA can print it's own money for bond auctions and use it as a low grade but possibly just-buoyant-enough lifebelt.

Don't confuse that with being in control though, no matter how many flags you flutter over the swamp.

Silly boy? You sound like some prissy old fart of a school headmaster from the 1950s !

Th Eurozone is not collapsing and neither will the EU much as Euro skeptics love to imagine. The EU is going through a crisis now but like all crisis it will pass. There's no future for a whole continent comprising economically broken former members of a splintered apart EU and the politicians are well aware of it.

The Chinese and the Americans would be more than concerned about such a catastrophe as their economies and major export markets would go down the toilet as well.

Staying with the EU even without going into the Euro is the best thing to do. A financially ruined Europe will include a financially ruined UK

Negotiating advantageous and lucrative trade agreements as a big trading bloc with potential major markets such as China, India, south America and Africa as well as established markets in the rest of the world is far and away better then negotiating as a small isolated island off the coast of Europe

You'd have to be pretty stupid and short sighted not to see that but I imagine that the Daily Mail and the Daily Express make their money from such people

Maybe you have something more relevent to input. I dont have time to be bothered looking up your old posts on the subject.

Silly boy? You sound like some prissy old fart of a school headmaster from the 1950s !

Th Eurozone is not collapsing and neither will the EU much as Euro skeptics love to imagine. The EU is going through a crisis now but like all crisis it will pass. There's no future for a whole continent comprising economically broken former members of a splintered apart EU and the politicians are well aware of it.

The Chinese and the Americans would be more than concerned about such a catastrophe as their economies and major export markets would go down the toilet as well.

Staying with the EU even without going into the Euro is the best thing to do. A financially ruined Europe will include a financially ruined UK

Negotiating advantageous and lucrative trade agreements as a big trading bloc with potential major markets such as China, India, south America and Africa as well as established markets in the rest of the world is far and away better then negotiating as a small isolated island off the coast of Europe

You'd have to be pretty stupid and short sighted not to see that but I imagine that the Daily Mail and the Daily Express make their money from such people

Maybe you have something more relevent to input. I dont have time to be bothered looking up your old posts on the subject.

Harley, i think you're barking up the wrong tree.

We need to get ruthless, like you guys are, like the chinese are. Stop pretending we are some big empire, just sell what we have, guns and money. Screw morality, GB Plc has to be about the pound in our pocket. Stop worrying about foriegn standards of living is where we have to start.

Harley, i think you're barking up the wrong tree.

We need to get ruthless, like you guys are, like the chinese are. Stop pretending we are some big empire, just sell what we have, guns and money. Screw morality, GB Plc has to be about the pound in our pocket. Stop worrying about foriegn standards of living is where we have to start.

So you think the US just sells guns and money? :hihi: :hihi:

Not commercial aircraft, PC technology, construction eqiuipment. cars. medical supplies and more often than not second rate Hollywood movies that seem to be loved overseas to name a few commodities?

And foreign standards of living?

How can any major exporting nation sell anything of any substance to a foreign country if the people in that country dont have two pennies to scratch their arses with?

We need to buy Arab oil and Chinese factory products in order to generate jobs and income in those countries so that they in turn can buy our products

I thought such basic stuff would have at least been apparent to you by now.

So you think the US just sells guns and money? :hihi: :hihi:

Not commercial aircraft, PC technology, construction eqiuipment. cars. medical supplies and more often than not second rate Hollywood movies that seem to be loved overseas to name a few commodities?

And foreign standards of living?

How can any major exporting nation sell anything of any substance to a foreign country if the people in that country dont have two pennies to scratch their arses with?

We need to buy Arab oil and Chinese factory products in order to generate jobs and income in those countries so that they in turn can buy our products

I thought such basic stuff would have at least been apparent to you by now.

When I say we I mean us Brits. Not whatever you see yourself as now son.

Silly boy? You sound like some prissy old fart of a school headmaster from the 1950s

Well there you go. I speak as I find.

The ill-informed introverted script that follows doesn't really move you forward.

It's difficult to hold a discussion when only one side is in possession of the requisite knowledge. You'd be well served by doing a bit of reading up from the position of others before you create such an entrenched position for yourself.

Archived