Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

No-one objects to the UK being a trading partner of foreign countries, whether on the Continent or otherwise: only to those countries, and their undemocratic treaty organisation, subsuming the UK's democratic governance.[/QUOTE]

You dont think France for instance enjoys a sound system of democracy at it's best?

Egalitie, Fraternitie, Libertie.

They live by those

You dont think France for instance enjoys a sound system of democracy at it's best?

They live by those

Sure they do. That's why they ended up with a Presidential slogan of "Vote for the Crook not the Nazi" as their rallying cry in 2002. Well the Crook finally got brought to a kind of justice and the Nazi's dead(though they are liking his daughter), but these are the kind of people you're suggesting we model ourselves on?

You can have your snidey digs at our Queen but I'd take our Queen as a head of state any day.

No-one objects to the UK being a trading partner of foreign countries, whether on the Continent or otherwise: only to those countries, and their undemocratic treaty organisation,subsuming the UK's democratic governance.

They live by those

Indeed, the French would make a smashing job of running the USA, or you if you prefer something a little more Anglo Saxon with a French twang you could just get the Canadians in to run Capitol Hill - they do a great line in reducing deficits.

How about it?

Indeed, the French would make a smashing job of running the USA, or you if you prefer something a little more Anglo Saxon with a French twang you could just get the Canadians in to run Capitol Hill - they do a great line in reducing deficits.

How about it?

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom. I'm collecting pearls of wisdom today :D

Anyway since as usual you respond to posts either with one liners or comic rubbish as above let me add mine since meaninful dialogue is not one of your strong points

I see you as a middle aged bloke dressed in Harris Tweed and Plus Fours, avid reader of the Daily Mail from which you seem to glean whatever you call " an opinion" standing on the White Cliffs of Dover waving your walking stick and yelling out all kinds of abuse at your Gallic neighbours

One of the old school :hihi:

Sure they do. That's why they ended up with a Presidential slogan of "Vote for the Crook not the Nazi" as their rallying cry in 2002. Well the Crook finally got brought to a kind of justice and the Nazi's dead(though they are liking his daughter), but these are the kind of people you're suggesting we model ourselves on?

You can have your snidey digs at our Queen but I'd take our Queen as a head of state any day.

Well I did serve HM the Queen for two years in the British army but that doesn't mean I have to get down on all fours and kiss the ground she walks on. I dare say the old gal has done a pretty fair job of Queening but she ****es on the toilet like the rest of us do.

And British politics are as clean as a whistle? Time you got real and down to earth.

There's no such thing as clean politics .... anywhere, never was. never will be.

It's the dirtiest game in the world.

Anyway I did a spell in France many years ago. There was much to admire and like I might add

I would be stupid and narrow minded to dismiss a whole country, it's people and culture as being unworthy of being associated politically and economically with my country based on the clowining around of a couple of it's politicians

And British politics are as clean as a whistle? Time you got real and down to earth.

There's no such thing as clean politics .... anywhere, never was. never will be.

It's the dirtiest game in the world.

Anyway I did a spell in France many years ago. There was much to admire and like I might add

I would be stupid and narrow minded to dismiss a whole country, it's people and culture as being unworthy of being associated politically and economically with my country based on the clowining around of a couple of it's politicians

Lots to admire if you're lazy as hell.

My folks live there I know a lot about France.

Did you know you can't legally run a saw (or any petrol driven tool) between 12 and 2 because it might disturb someones lunch? Thats how pampered these people are, they don't live in the real world.

Lots to admire if you're lazy as hell.

My folks live there I know a lot about France.

Did you know you can't legally run a saw (or any petrol driven tool) between 12 and 2 because it might disturb someones lunch? Thats how pampered these people are, they don't live in the real world.

I dont see anything to condemn about a pettyy law as that. In Spain they close everything down, stores and all from noon until 3 or 4 PM for "Siesta"

I could laugh at that and say it's stupid because any normal person should get their sleep during the night. and not in the middle of the day

It's' all a matter of different strokes for different folks.

I'll admit that the French have a certain propensity for going on strike but when I lived in England in pre Thatcher days the unions fought their war with government on the backs of the long suffering public. I have quite a few memories of freezing cold railway stations and wondering how the hell I was going to get home when the trains went on strike. The besterds always picked winters to go on strike also

Archived