Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

I dont see anything to condemn about a pettyy law as that. In Spain they close everything down, stores and all from noon until 3 or 4 PM for "Siesta"

I could laugh at that and say it's stupid because any normal person should get their sleep during the night. and not in the middle of the day

It's' all a matter of different strokes for different folks.

I'll admit that the French have a certain propensity for going on strike but when I lived in England in pre Thatcher days the unions fought their war with government on the backs of the long suffering public. I have quite a few memories of freezing cold railway stations and wondering how the hell I was going to get home when the trains went on strike. The besterds always picked winters to go on strike also

Different stokes for different folks.

Bingo.

So stop telling us we need to have the same laws as them.

We don't tell you to have the same (lack of) laws as the eses, show us the same respect.

Different stokes for different folks.

Bingo.

So stop telling us we need to have the same laws as them.

We don't tell you to have the same (lack of) laws as the eses, show us the same respect.

Who says you have to have the same laws as them for chrissakes?

To assume so is a sign of doltish one track minded thinking.

The Daily Mail really does scare the pants off you don't it? :hihi:

Er, the EU? That imposes laws on us.

That are legaly binding?

Tell me you retain an iota of British common sense and understand this or have you gone yeeeeee-haaaa crazy and think Europe is a country near Russia?

You would do well to read today's leader in Businessweek. It might be your start towards a more rounded view.

Er, the EU? That imposes laws on us.

That are legaly binding?

eu legislation requires agreement from the european parliament and the council of ministers both of which have representation from the uk and before we get to that point there has been a substantial consultation period.

once eu legislation has been agreed, it is down to the individual member states to enact it into their national body of law. however, there is nothing to stop national governments going beyond the minimum requirement of the eu legislation and adding bits, something which uk governments apparantly do quite a lot of.

Do you think China have a law like that?

don't know and don't really care

the main reason for china's success has been that the government has been maintaining the exchange rate at a level which favours chinese exporters in a way which western democracies either can't or don't choose to.

eu legislation requires agreement from the european parliament and the council of ministers both of which have representation from the uk and before we get to that point there has been a substantial consultation period.

once eu legislation has been agreed, it is down to the individual member states to enact it into their national body of law. however, there is nothing to stop national governments going beyond the minimum requirement of the eu legislation and adding bits, something which uk governments apparantly do quite a lot of.

So they tell us what to do, but we can add a bit.

You think thats democracy? You're a guy who has no idea what democracy is.

That's not the proposal that Cameron said no to, which is kind of the whole point.

Archived