Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

Er, the EU? That imposes laws on us.

That are legaly binding?

Tell me you retain an iota of British common sense and understand this or have you gone yeeeeee-haaaa crazy and think Europe is a country near Russia?

The EU legislates some laws for all the member countries I presume and not just the UK and EU MPs from the UK participate in the process no doubt

What's your problem with that?

I'm sure habeus corpus, trial by jury and freedom of speech will never be in jeopardy

I assume that you get your info from looking at the cartoons.

The Economist is a fine journal, which is why I have a paid subscription to it, along with Bloomberg Businessweek, Spectator and Politico weekly, and The Times, Guardian, Telegraph, NYT, Hindustan Daily, Shanghai Times, Evening Standard and the Moscow Times daily along with the occasional Prague Post. I also take the Independent for a little pious amusement.

You really don't want to have a pishing competition about your sources of information and opinion.

Now, where did I put my Daily Mail?

I assume that you get your info from looking at the cartoons.

The Economist is a fine journal, which is why I have a paid subscription to it, along with Bloomberg Businessweek, Spectator and Politico weekly, and The Times, Guardian, Telegraph, NYT, Hindustan Daily, Shanghai Times, Evening Standard and the Moscow Times daily along with the occasional Prague Post. I also take the Independent for a little pious amusement.

You really don't want to have a pishing competition about your sources of information and opinion.

Now, where did I put my Daily Mail?

With all that reading stuff I'm amazed you contribute so little serious and relevent input on the more technical aspects of the Uk's involvement within the EU. If I did all the reading you do I could write a whole bleddy book on the subject of the EU and just about every subject of international interest.:D

I by comparison have to rely aside from the Economist, on BBC World News channel, CNN International and the US News channels the latter of which which understandably are more concerned with US problems and the Republican nominations in these troubling and turbulent economic and political times.

I've also read much on WW2 which enables me to correct the somewhat ignorant and uninformed posts of the likes of Emily and of course there's always the rants of that similarly uninformed false make believe Canadian Liz Machin :hihi:

Now I go to celebrate Christmas which will give my detractors plenty of time to post their drivel in my absence

You'd imagine that you'd be a bit more worldly to be honest Harleyman, though the channels you mention all present rather 'Merkin centric views of world, even BBC World.

I have to say that I'm getting a bit fed up of CNN's hourly pop ups on my phone about Senate's latest hourly spat on tax holiday extensions.

It's easy to see how 'Merkins don't get much of a world view when they are spoon fed this sort of stuff as a 'world view'. Harleyman, it's probably not you, it's most likely just the stuff that you get to watch, read and listen to.

Archived