Europe - in or out?

Europe - in or out?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Europe - in or out?

• Yes
    • No

In its current form OUT, total integration with one government called the United States or Europe. IN
I think it would be very difficult to create a United States of Europe modeled on the USA. It would require a standing President with almost unlimited power. I don't know what the few monarchies would think about that, but I can guess. A single currency doesn't seem to be working very well either. Despite the fact that the US does not have an official language, English is spoken everywhere. It has no official state religion.

I agree it won't happen in the near future but why do you think it would be a bad idea.

Because it would either be totally undemocratic or it would be hopelessly feeble and unable to agree on anything.

If the Eurozone crisis has reminded us of anything is that european countries are very diverse both economically and socially. One set of policies/taxes/laws etc will not suit all of the EU.

Free trade zone is a good idea. Single governance is not.

I think it would be very difficult to create a United States of Europe modeled on the USA. It would require a standing President with almost unlimited power. I don't know what the few monarchies would think about that, but I can guess. A single currency doesn't seem to be working very well either. Despite the fact that the US does not have an official language, English is spoken everywhere. It has no official state religion.

I know, it’s a shame though and I do think we will eventually get there, governments are slowly losing power to the EU and will eventually become pointless, and more countries have English as their second language so we will eventually all speak English. I agree with the single currency which would work much better if we had a single policy on everything else, the same tax system for all, same education, health and benefits system.

Archived