Church rebrands counterfeit goods for charity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16051261

Now I personally don't buy branded goods for the sake of it, if something is good value and happens to be branded that's great but the name does nothing for me. however. there are so many people who follow the brands with such loyalty that I wonder if the church/trading standards won't be accused of devaluing brands by using the style and just re-branding the item.

Someone who has spent £100's on a distinctive style that defines a brand wouldn't see the charity in homeless chap's wearing the same item.

Still think it's a much better idea than incinerating items which we have a need for just to satisfy brands:loopy:

If you spent £XXX on an item because it's branded how would you feel if the same item was given away free to someone less fortunate?

maybe they could just cover the lable up or something. It is a shame to just destroy them.

It seems like they are sewing some sort of patch over the branding and they are promising to remove the original.

I hope they are allowed to continue this and maybe some of the big stores like M&S could also donate their surplus stock instead of destroying it. Seems almost criminal to throw these things away when lots of us are struggling so there are less donations to charities, should do the same with food if I was more agile I would be all over this freegan stuff :hihi:

I thought they sent stuff like this to orphans in Romania or something. Saw something like that in the past.

They SELL surplus stock to poorer countries from some of the big stores and others they just destroy it by cutting it up and binning it :roll: the fake stuff they just burn, clothes fags etc it all gets burnt.

I thought they sent stuff like this to orphans in Romania or something. Saw something like that in the past.

By law they are meant to be incinerated, which I've always thought is a bit ridiculous bearing in mind that even though a counterfeit sweatshirt is still a counterfeit sweatshirt, it's also a sweatshirt that could be worn by someone who has no jumper to keep them warm.

If someone can find a way of complying with the law so that action can still be taken against whoever is doing the counterfeiting but at the same time not destroying the items so that they can be used, then good luck to them.

Archived