Who is responsible for damage from wheelie bin attacks?

I've just driven down a suburban street and conditions are rather blustery. It was clearly bin day in the area and several bins and blue tubs were heading south at high speed hitting parked cars in their path.

I just wonder who is responsible for damage caused by such events?

That would be the council then, I'd say each vehicle owner is probably going to have to cover their won costs.

I suspect that you are probably right but it does seem rather unfair. People put out their bins weighted down with rubbish but then the empty bin or tub is left to blow around in high winds. Surely when weather conditions dictate the bin men could put the bins in driveways or places where they won't become guided missiles.

I suspect that you are probably right but it does seem rather unfair. People put out their bins weighted down with rubbish but then the empty bin or tub is left to blow around in high winds. Surely when weather conditions dictate the bin men could put the bins in driveways or places where they won't become guided missiles.

Or weight them down by leaving them full. :D

Please don't suggest this to the council they will think it’s a good idea and implement it.

:)

Archived