Another sportsman battles depression..

Put it this way ………….. I will swap them.

It would be great to be a sportsman, but put it this way if you arent feeling up to scratch and still have to perform every week, that brings its own particular types of stress, which could lead to depression.

depression with sportsmen, and women for that matter, seems to be a thing of today, i myself have been a fan of ronnie o sullivan for a while and he has battled depression for many years, it shows anyone can be effected by this cruel illness.

I think O'sullivan is bordering on genius, which is only a touch away from madness. No wonder that guy gets depressed. Hes the Van Gogh of snooker!

I think O'sullivan is bordering on genius, which is only a touch away from madness. No wonder that guy gets depressed. Hes the Van Gogh of snooker!

i totaly agree with u on this one, they say theres a fine line between genius and madness dont they, but thats in no way a slur on ronnie, he is pure talent to watch.

It would be great to be a sportsman, but put it this way if you arent feeling up to scratch and still have to perform every week, that brings its own particular types of stress, which could lead to depression.

Even if you have enough to retire on ………….. give me a break ………….. wondering where the money is coming from to pay the bills is depressing ………….. wondering how you are going to get your car through its MOT is depressing.

Not making the subs bench, the Aussie winter tour or the later stages of a snooker game are minor hiccups.

i totaly agree with u on this one, they say theres a fine line between genius and madness dont they, but thats in no way a slur on ronnie, he is pure talent to watch.

Maybe he justs finds it TOO easy. Like in a funny way he questions if his life has much meaning.

Agree, absoultely awesome player.

Even if you have enough to retire on ………….. give me a break ………….. wondering where the money is coming from to pay the bills is depressing ………….. wondering how you are going to get your car through its MOT is depressing.

Not making the subs bench, the Aussie winter tour or the later stages of a snooker game are minor hiccups.

You have probably a very resilient personality,but the more sensitive,creative person will be susceptible to depression.It often the price of having a special talent.

You obviously have no concept of clinical depression if this is what you define as depression. These life problems are just that, they are not depressing they are just facts you have to deal with.

Once you've had REAL depression and been on the verge of taking your own life then come back and talk about your experience. Until then, shut the hell up as you have no idea what this condition can do to a person.

Archived