Anyone go to All Saints school?

sallie

Originally posted by sezemeseeds

I was at All Saints 76 to 83 I think. or was it 84. Too many years ago I know that. Had some fab times there. Does anyone remember the little bedsit flat in the cooking/needlework building? Don't know if it was ever used. And Father Kinsella? He turned out to be not what he was supposed to:o

I remember the little flat and the needlework teacher who guraded over it. Had my French A Level oral exam in there. Very nice and cosy.

I remember Fr. Kinsella too. Fr. Cullen came after him. I don't know what Fr. Kinsella did, but both he and and Pete Cullen were/are damn good priests. It's a shame they're not all like that. More conducive to believing in religion than some female RE teachers I can think of!

when I was there the ruins of the duke of norfolks house where the college is now at the back of the bike sheds where there was also a very steep banking with a wall at the bottom of it and this became the initiation place for the 1st year pupils.

we had to do the cross country through norfolk park, we had a good team in those days, one of the runners we often ran against was seb coe and i beat him more than he beat me.

I thought Father Kinsella was brill too. very nice man. he married my cousin and her husband. But apparantly he was sent back to ireland in disgrace. Heard some very disturbing news about him from the irish/catholic community. Taffy was funny looking man.

Friend of mine ran down the steep bit of hill at the back of the college and ran smack bang into the wall. face straight in to it. she had to have false front teeth fitted.

Mrs Fitzpatrick left after my first year. She was quite scary but very nice. Best teacher was Mrs Timmins. Had her for form teacher and as Archealogy teacher. She was so nice. We had such a laugh with her. Worse teacher for me was Mrs Horan. She was horrible to us. She was RE teacher. Did not like her one bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by playman

I left in 1970 when the head was fitzpatrick and the deputy was tom kelly, some of the teachers names i remember are,

harrison - maths,

finnegan - music,

hawksworth - metalwork,

salt - technical drawing,

staniforth - woodwork,

warren - P E

Mrs fitzpatrick - science.

Know all those names :) Went there from '69 - '74

Remember too, Miss Pullen (needlework) and Mrs Kentzer (Domestic Science) :)

We used to call Fitzpatrick - Fitler :D