Anyone go to All Saints school?

sallie

I also think he was a very nice man who always had a smile on his face maybe now i know why (kids/school) with what people are insinuating and basically calling him a nonce.

No one is calling him that at all as far as I know, least of all myself. Don't be too quick to judge. As much as I have been told I still have respect for a man that was kind, non-judgemental, aspiring and a good example to me when I was at All Saints. As much in what he may have done, I could not take away from him what a gentelman he was in the many years I and my friends were at All Saints. One bad action does not wipe away a good soul.

• 3 months later...

i went to all saints 82-88 i can remember alot of the teachers we were the first year to do GCSEs when i was a first year i had to wear a school blazer.

Anyone remember mr robinson -art mr leedham -geography mr holmes-pe mr wallace-metal work mr harrison-maths mr kelly-maths mr lyons-1st year head

• 1 month later...

Anyone out there who went to St Pauls RC from 1970 - 1975 (yeh, I know, it's All Saints now!). I know there was a reunion a couple of years back but I wasn't able to get to it. It'd be good to catch up with old mates from that period and maybe even organise a further get together. There must be some old (very old) memories that you would love to remind others about.

• 1 year later...

Hello

Did anyone attend All Saints School between 1986 & 1990?

I did - and it has some very good and very bad memories - especially bad was the cross country ''runs'' we used to do in Norfolk park, the run wasn't that bad but trying to climb that bloody wall that separated the school from the park entrance was a nightmare after running for half an hour. I used to cheat and walk up the road (Where it was much lower!).

Cheers

I was at All Saints but left before you started. I left in 83. My brother used to call at our aunties house when on the cross country run around Norfolk Park. We used to go to skates on fridays double PE lesson between break and dinner. only when we in the fifth year though. I have very happy memories of All Saints. was a good school. Some awful teachers but some very good ones too.

Thanks for the reply

Yes looking back it was a good school and I turned out alright so it cant have been that bad!

Would imagine that I had the same teachers as you did, cant remember them all but here goes:-

Mr Warren - PE

Mr Griffiths - PE

Mr Lally - French - He helped greatly towards my self confidence by making me stand up and read out verbs in french

Mr Doherty - Boring - Physics

Mr Justice - Geography

Mr Harrison - Maths

Mr Mitchell - CDT - scary bloke but very funny - heard he passed away shortly after I left.

Mr Cambell - Also Physics

Mr Mcgowen - English

Mr Hydes - Chemistry

Cant think of anymore at the moment!

Cheers

I left in 1970 the PE teacher was warren then, an evil B****** Fitzpatrick was headmaster with Tom Kelly deputy, harrison was also the maths teacher back then, Hawksworth was metalwork, Salt taught technical drawing, i used to run against seb coe in the cross country meetings with other schools and beat him more times than not.

Mr Warren,Mr lally, Mr Mitchell, and Mr Griffiths were all there when I was. Also Mr Kelly was head, Mrs Kirk was in the office, Miss Donnelly(english), Mrs Timmins(Archaeology), Miss Nolan(PE), Mr Mololly had just started, Mr Finnegan(music), Father KInsella

Was a good school. Glad I didn't go to local schools round where I lived. My daughter will be going to All Saints when she is eleven.