Iranian display Drone

I'm saying they wouldn't get permission from the Iranians to use their airspace so wouldn't ask.

And where is that allowed in international law?

Is it OK for the yanks to deliberately break the law and, if so, would it be OK for the Iranians to fly illegally over US airspace?

I'm fine with the US conducting surveillance on Iran without asking, of course - aren't you?

No at all. International laws are in place to protect against this. The yanks break whatever laws they like and make up some crap excuse to cover it.

Not at all. In fact I think the Iranian government are a bunch of ruddy idiots. The world would be a better place if that lot died tomorrow morning.

Short of anything else, they're likely to bring death and misery to the Iranian people.

and its drive to develop nuclear weapons?

Alleged drive to develop nuclear weapons.

The US say they are but they say not. Personally, I'd say they were but that's just a guess. The US were the probable source of Israel's nukes so why should they moan about others getting them?

Nice map, what did you post it for?

It was claimed there may be reason to overfly Iran for missions in other countries.

The map shows that's rubbish.

The Yanks claimed it was deployed against Taliban, not Iran.

Why would they use a RADAR invisible drone against an enemy with no RADAR? It's a spy drone and its mission would have been against Iran.

Of course the US are liars.

Quote from a BBC article:

"But speculation is rife that this particular aircraft was flying deep inside Iran to gather intelligence and real-time video footage of Iran's nuclear sites."

More preparation for another war methinks.

Out of interest (i've been away so i'm just catching up on email)

Iranians Capture U.S. Drone

Iran has captured a U.S. surveillance drone. No one is sure how it happened. Looking at the pictures of the drone, it wasn't shot down and it didn't crash. The various fail-safe mechanisms on the drone seem to have failed; otherwise, it would have returned home. The U.S. claims that it was a simple "malfunction," but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The Iranians claim they used "electronic warfare" to capture the drone, implying that they somehow took control of it in the air and steered it to the ground. It would be a serious security design failure if they could do that. Two years ago, there was a story about al Qaeda intercepting video signals from drones. The command-and-control channel is different; I assumed that there was some pretty strong encryption protecting that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16095823

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/12/intercepting_pr.html

Photo analysis of the captured drone:

http://aviationintel.com/?p=4322

From CRYPTO-GRAM, December 15, 2011

Archived