Britain stays out of EU financial crisis deal

VAT Man and the Boy Blunder are going to bring hardship and doom to the entire UK

How do you figure that out :huh:

The danger is the UK NOT standing up to the French and Germans . If we roll over and have our belly tickled by the chuckle brothers (Merkal and Sarkosy), we would be deep in the brown stuff. This is our chance to distance ourselves from the circus which is the EU. The near collapse of the Euro has proved what a mistake closer integration within is.

The further away from this farce we are ,the better .

How do you figure that out :huh:

The danger is the UK NOT standing up to the French and Germans . If we roll over and have our belly tickled by the chuckle brothers (Merkal and Sarkosy), we would be deep in the brown stuff. This is our chance to distance ourselves from the circus which is the EU. The near collapse of the Euro has proved what a mistake closer integration within is.

The further away from this farce we are ,the better .

I could be more positive than we realise in the long term, if this turns out to be the tip of a long, wide wedge between the UK and the Eurozone. Ultimately, perhaps we will see separation from the EU, and with great sadness lose the financial burden that comes with it.

well did we need any more proof the Cameron is in the pockets of the bankers ?.

why did he decided that out of 26 countries that we were the only one ( at present ) who thought that putting measures in place to counter the financial crisis was wrong for the euro zone. now why was that?. the main reason is the slight rise in tax that the French wanted to impose on the financial transactions of the city of London. which would raise billions of euro s. now the banks of course say they will all go overseas, where the tax regulations are less stringent. don't they do this already? secretly depositing huge amounts in offshore accounts so they don't have to pay tax in this country. do we need any more proof that the financial markets are a force that is getting to the edges full on greed and corruption for the few that control it?

I could be more positive than we realise in the long term, if this turns out to be the tip of a long, wide wedge between the UK and the Eurozone. Ultimately, perhaps we will see separation from the EU, and with great sadness lose the financial burden that comes with it.

We certainly need to take a serious step back from the whole experiment and evaluate where this EU thing might lead us and what we want from it. There is a very clear divergence in interests now and this crisis is beginning to crystalise it in many ways.

We certainly need the trading links but being in the EU is like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut in that respect. The trading links can be achieved through memebership of the EEA - that in itself wouldn't free us completely because EEA states trading with the EU are still subject to much of the EU regulations.

Where I hope it would lead us is to a rebalancing that brings us to a state where we have the option to go if we want. Structurally we can't do that now - our balance of trade is repeatedly negative year after year. The successful EEA states consistently run a trade surplus (e.g. Norway, Switzerland). We need to start restructuring.

I never in a million years thought I would say this but we are probably better off out of it. I really don't like where the EU is heading.

but isn't it at our expense?. the banks are getting away with murder. by avoiding the raid on their still huge profits. with the country needing as much tax revenue as it can get, why should cameron back the bankers call to stop this?

Heaven forfend that Cameron should let his precious City banker chums be properly regulated or have their transactions taxed.

Something like 50% of the financial sector of the EU is in Britain, so Britain would suffer disproportionately by a financial transactions tax.

Cameron has done what neither Blair or Brown were capable of doing............He has stood up to the French and Germans and refused to let Brussels dictate to us .

And for that i salute him. :thumbsup:

Thats Mister Blair if you dont mind - our international peace envoy who worked tirelessly trooping around europe knocking on parliamentary doors like a desperate jehovas witness to legalise his peace mission in Iraq.

Blair owed europe.

Archived