Home insurance cover for someone with previous claims

Hi,

Im trying to find a company which will insure my brother, he has previously made 4 claims in the last 3 yrs so im struggling to find someone who will give him contents insurance. ive tried the big ones like barclays, nationwide, more than, direct line etc.... I even looked on gocompare. com and only 2 came who i had never heard of and wanted £500 excess.

Any ideas of companies?

If cant suggest a company then please dont reply with non helpful answers. thanks

Insurers have a database of claims that they share, so they'll all know, even if he tries to hide them I'm afraid. Four in three years is unlucky, but I know it's possible.

He might have to spend a year or two without at this rate, or see if he can get some next year? It's a risk based business at the end of the day - would you want to risk you money on something where you're likely to pay out?

Sucks for your brother though if it's not his fault :(

Insurers have a database of claims that they share, so they'll all know, even if he tries to hide them I'm afraid. Four in three years is unlucky, but I know it's possible.

He might have to spend a year or two without at this rate, or see if he can get some next year? It's a risk based business at the end of the day - would you want to risk you money on something where you're likely to pay out?

Sucks for your brother though if it's not his fault :(

Thanks, I will keep ringing for him again tomorrow, my mind is boggled with it all.

Archived