What became of The Cowboys..

grinder

Grinder

I think you might be referring to "Dodge City" ............ A good western it was too.:D

You right harleyman.:thumbsup:

I've just remembered another of Flynn's westerns, "They died with their boots on"

He played George Armstrong Custer, and of course the title was about the Little big Horn.

You right harleyman.:thumbsup:

I've just remembered another of Flynn's westerns, "They died with their boots on"

He played George Armstrong Custer, and of course the title was about the Little big Horn.

Watched the last half hour of Custer Of The West when I got home yesterday, a load of cobblers. I remember, I thought it was dire when it first came out. Now I've seen your post about They Died With Their Boots On and started thinking there has never been a true depiction of the Little Big Horn Battle. In recent years I've seen documentary's about Custer's Last Stand and the reasons he was defeated ranging from him (Custer) dividing his force, a quarter of the Indians having Winchester and Henry Repeating rifles, the cavalry only having single shot Springfields. I also read somewhere that the cavalry went into action without their sabres, so they were at a disadvantage in hand to hand combat. But I think the basic simple truth is Custer bit off more than he could chew. I would like to see a factual or reasonably factual depiction of the story on film, something on the lines of Tombstone, that I thought was pretty truthful as I know the story.

It would have to be made by some none USA company, but could you ever get an unbiased production even then ?

Add to that the fact there were no survivors and I'd say you were pushing for the improbable if not the impossible...

Unfortunately as kids we took all this as gospel and we accepted these films as being true to history...

Even now we tend to form opinions on historical figures from the movies we see, I mean who would believe in real life Richard coeur de Lion was a gay.

Oh.and probably never spoke a word of English in his life....

But I digress

It would have to be made by some none USA company, but could you ever get an unbiased production even then ?

Add to that the fact there were no survivors and I'd say you were pushing for the improbable if not the impossible...

Unfortunately as kids we took all this as gospel and we accepted these films as being true to history...

Even now we tend to form opinions on historical figures from the movies we see, I mean who would believe in real life Richard coeur de Lion was a gay.

Oh.and probably never spoke a word of English in his life....

But I digress

hiya grinder pard,

one of the letters wrote about general custer at the little big horn, well i remember some years back an irishman told that one of his forefathers was killed there on the very same day it happened, he said that his ggggrandfather had gone on a camping trip and it was dark when he got there so he pitched his tent and was woke up early the next morning and that was when he was killed ,he'd only gone to the next field to tell them to keep the noise down abit

Archived