What became of The Cowboys..

grinder

hiya i don't remember tonto's horse but i do remember a film of the lone ranger and tonto when the lone ranger was shot and he thought he was a gonner and when tonto bent over him the lone ranger said " tonto i've got to know what wdid the word keemusabi mean tell m e old friend" i cannot keemusabi, "oh tell me before i go please" well alright it means you look a xxxxxxxx in that mask. ha ha

It was a trick question actually. The Lone Ranger had a Horse, Silver, but Tonto had a Pony, called Scout. A good question for a Pub Quiz. :hihi:

(the dichotomy between Horse and Pony would probably end up in a racial legal case these days ).

It was a trick question actually. The Lone Ranger had a Horse, Silver, but Tonto had a Pony, called Scout. A good question for a Pub Quiz. :hihi:

(the dichotomy between Horse and Pony would probably end up in a racial legal case these days ).

Over the years including Books, radio, and TV, Tonto has had 3 horses, White feller, Paint. and Scout...

Apparently the first of the cowboy film hero's was "Bronco Billy" back in the early 1900s before the first world war.

A jewish guy who's real name was Maxwell Henry Aronson he made 140 odd movies...:o

Can't say I remember him. but I do remember "Bronco Lane"

He played for Sheffield Wednesday, got the boot for the Ipswich affair:)

But how disappointing it was to learn that Jay Silverheels' real name was Harold Smith! Perhaps not quite so alarming as John Wayne starting life as Marion Morrison though.
John Wayne the great non hero, beloved by the Marine Corps NOT. A much better cowboy and a real war hero was Jimmy Stewart, combat pilot, croix de guerre.

Buck.

You'll be giving us the bit about Audie Murphy being the most highly decorated American soldier of the second world war next.

May be he was, but his films were pants...

I agree in regard to the acting, But that doesn't take away from the man's courage. Wayne played the hero, but wasn't one. He offended the Marine Corps by making it look so easy.

Archived