What became of The Cowboys..

grinder

Mel Gibson is pretty good at destroying himself, and the reputations of some genuine heroes while he was at it. Gregory Peck and David Niven weren't there either, but the Guns of Navarone was a first class movie. We could go on forever about this but what's the point. I don't go to movies any more they're not worth the money.

I would recant about David Niven, why do you have to libel people who are not here to defend themselves. I myself think you are writing a load of cobblers.

I feel certain the title is " What became of the Cowboys" so where on earth the USA Marines come in this I haven't got the foggiest..

So unless the Cattlemen's Association also objects to John Wayne on the grounds that he never actually did a cattle drive with John Chisum, let's drop the who objected about who bit, and return to the original subject before we all start on Errol Flynn... Eh...

I feel certain the title is " What became of the Cowboys" so where on earth the USA Marines come in this I haven't got the foggiest..

So unless the Cattlemen's Association also objects to John Wayne on the grounds that he never actually did a cattle drive with John Chisum, let's drop the who objected about who bit, and return to the original subject before we all start on Errol Flynn... Eh...

Can we count Errol as a cowboy, he did make some westerns, although I thought he was better in tights than chaps.

Can we count Errol as a cowboy, he did make some westerns, although I thought he was better in tights than chaps.

Got me thinking now, was it "Carson city" ?

David Niven was another name that's been mentioned, but I think the nearest he ever came to a western was "Around the world in 80 days", am I wrong ?

Got me thinking now, was it "Carson city" ?

David Niven was another name that's been mentioned, but I think the nearest he ever came to a western was "Around the world in 80 days", am I wrong ?

Grinder

I think you might be referring to "Dodge City" ............ A good western it was too.:D

I watched a cracking western a few years back. It was called "MONTE WALSH" and starred Lee Marvin and Jack Palance, it was set at the end of the wild west era, 1890's The west had been tamed and the indians settled on reservations, the big cattle drives had ended because the railroad covered the western plains, and civilisation covered America from east to west.

It told the story of Monte Walsh and his friend Jack Palance as they tried to get work as cowboys. The ranchers no longer needed experienced hands and were run by big cattle corporations. It was a way of life that was dying out but these two cowboys knew nothing else, it was quite sad really.It was a very powerful tour de force by Marvin and Palance, two fantastic actors.

Ps, Buck, Lee Marvin was an ex US Marine who served in the Pacific, and one of John Waynes greatest friends.

You may recall that it was you opened up on Audie Murphy, decrying his acting ability, as if to imply his war record was a sham, which it wasn't. To you heroes are celluloid, to me they aren't. Some buffoon on here is on about heterosexual actors, and is concerned about who and isn't. So what?

You may recall that it was you opened up on Audie Murphy, decrying his acting ability, as if to imply his war record was a sham, which it wasn't. To you heroes are celluloid, to me they aren't. Some buffoon on here is on about heterosexual actors, and is concerned about who and isn't. So what?

Hi there, I believe that I'm your baffoon old man, would you care to elaborate, or just continue hurling insults and abuse? :loopy:

Archived