Are you proud of Cameron for keeping us out of the new Euro club?

Proud of Cameron  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Proud of Cameron

• Yes
    • No

I love how VAT Man and the Boy Blunder and their media mouthpieces are trying to paint a picture that everything is rosey in the UK. Well it's not, as they know only to well. I don't know who they're trying to kid more, the UK public or themselves.

p.s If you wondering why I've posted this in a few threads it's because it is true.

p.p.s The worse thing is we're going to get an even bigger panning in the Eurovision Song Contest than normal. :hihi:

I love how VAT Man and the Boy Blunder and their media mouthpieces are trying to paint a picture that everything is rosey in the UK. Well it's not, as they know only to well. I don't know who they're trying to kid more, the UK public or themselves.

p.s If you wondering why I've posted this in a few threads it's because it is true.

p.p.s The worse thing is we're going to get an even bigger panning in the Eurovision Song Contest than normal. :hihi:

What is it they're claiming is rosy, which you say isn't? Links?

It can't come quick enough. Lets bail out of the corrupt EU ASAP, we all know it makes sense.

Angel.

It boils down to us wanting a single free market I reckon.

I was a big supporter of EU integration until this latest bonkers plan. Leading countries into an undemocratic superstate as a kneejerk reaction to saving a deeply flawed common currency is just nuts.

Let's go back, get our single market guarantees and stand back and watch the fireworks. Cameron may never have intended it but he's done democracy a great service in this country. In Europe the left will be neutered but still a potential force for the future here

that may be the case but its even less rosy in the euro area and the cracks are already starting to appear.

It looks like there are now 25 United Nations of Europe this morning, not 26. Sweden's drawing back.

I won't be surprised if Czechoslovakia do the same by the weekend... or the end of the day.

Update that 20 year old readers digest atlas Tony :) They haven existed since the early 90's

It looks like there are now 25 United Nations of Europe this morning, not 26. Sweden's drawing back.

I won't be surprised if Czechoslovakia do the same by the weekend... or the end of the day.

and Hungary at least (my predictions of last Saturday ;)).

Sarkozy and Merkel are pretty poor poker players, their respective hands were clear to see to anyone with a modicum of common sense and attention - not least attendees of last week's meeting.

The way I see it, 24 (not counting FR and DE) countries' premiers just played yes-men-3-bags-full on that occasion for media/electorate posturing, hoping Cameron would quickly backtrack or fall on his sword. Since he's not, and most unlikely ever to, there's some reckoning coming up :twisted:

It'd be nice (however, rationally, not so nice at all in EU trading terms...but hey) if Merkel was left holding the figurative (hand)bag at the end of it. Her party wouldn't get elected again in Germany for a generation or two, for sure :D

Update that 20 year old readers digest atlas Tony :) They haven existed since the early 90's

Ah, some yearn for the lack of dissent afforded in heady days of the synchronicity and uniformity of the Eastern Bloc :love:

Europa, you WILL be a pirate twin again.

Archived