Half decent cheap pub restaurant ideal for first date?

Green Web

Hallam FM's 'Date or Ditch' competition has been hosted at http://www.huiwei.co.uk for the contestants both last Friday & this Friday.

It seemed to be a great choice with the contemporary décor & live Pianist ;)

You'll have to book in advance though especially at this time of the year.

Special dietary requirements? The staff can tell you of any dishes that can be Gluten free also have a great selection of Vegetarian dishes plus Tofu (Bean curd) which is high in Protein & a good substitute for Chicken if you are on a weight loss diet.

The Stag is average to say the least - I don't think it would impress on a first date.

In that area, if it's pub food you're after, you're much better off with the Lescar. It does great food and is a much nicer atmosphere as well.

If you wanted to walk up the hill a bit to Broomhill, The York is also great for pub food. (Of course there's great places in town, such as the Old House and the Wick at Both Ends, but they're not in the area you specified).

As for the Toby Carvery, I can only imagine that suggestion was a joke...?!

Cheap and only half decent? You know how to treat a lady!

just what I was thinking! Wow! what a way to be thinking about a first date!

Get yer hand in your pocket yer tight ...

Take her somewhere decent - never mind "half-decent". Isn't she worth it? If not, then don't bother taking her anywhere - just phone her up and tell her it's off.

And "cheap?" oh dear.

Look, invite her round to your place and open a tin of soup - that's probably the best idea.

I reckon this is a wind-up. Either that or you are going to be going on a lot of first dates for some years to come!

Why not a Chinese place in the town centre (Commercial St or nr the Crucible)? Nice food as much as you want? Different and neutral for both of you?

Are you seriously talking about Jumbos? For a first date?! Or at all?!

The York in Crookes is good. Not overly expensive but nice gastro-pub style grub!

Archived