Half decent cheap pub restaurant ideal for first date?

Green Web

Toby Cavery at Park Head

He said first date not last date. He might as well take her to Wetherspoons.

As others have said on here treat the lady. If you need to eat in that area Ottos on Sharrow Vale does very good food without breaking the bank.

Prince of Wales pub at top of Carterknowle road is turning out some nice food thesedays apparently. I haven't eaten there myself but friends tell me it's actually very good. I've popped in for a drink and it's quite nice inside since they did the recent re-furb as well. Not far out of town and I don't think it would break the bank, seeing as that is important to you.

Here, take a look...

http://www.theprinceofwalessheffield.co.uk/

(and no, I don't work there. It's just somewhere my wife and her friends enjoy going occasionally).

Are you seriously talking about Jumbos? For a first date?! Or at all?!

The York in Crookes is good. Not overly expensive but nice gastro-pub style grub!

Do you mean the Duke of York in Broomhill? If so, I’ll second that. It can get busy, but nice place and good food. Plenty of pubs close by, if you want to move on after your meal.

Do you mean the Duke of York in Broomhill? If so, I’ll second that. It can get busy, but nice place and good food. Plenty of pubs close by, if you want to move on after your meal.

I like the place and the beer, but the food is a bit overpriced for what it is (the dreaded big plates wi nowt on 'em syndrome).

Prince of Wales pub at top of Carterknowle road is turning out some nice food thesedays apparently. I haven't eaten there myself but friends tell me it's actually very good. I've popped in for a drink and it's quite nice inside since they did the recent re-furb as well. Not far out of town and I don't think it would break the bank, seeing as that is important to you.

Here, take a look...

http://www.theprinceofwalessheffield.co.uk/

(and no, I don't work there. It's just somewhere my wife and her friends enjoy going occasionally).

Its not that good in my opinion

Their strength is they can knock it out quickly for big groups.

Mostly all pre-prepared but expensive with it....no better than any of the other chain pubs.

Been twice (for preorganised friends birthdays) and been disappointed twice.

Not saying its terrible but better options elsewhere.

Not somewhere I would choose to eat at essentially.

What about rafters? Not cheap exactly but lovely food.

Or the pasta bar at sharrowvale is great food at reasonable prices - they do other dishes than just pasta (I had the best steak in ages there a few months back), and their home-made ice cream is fab.

Archived