Half decent cheap pub restaurant ideal for first date?

Green Web

Its not that good in my opinion

Their strength is they can knock it out quickly for big groups.

Mostly all pre-prepared but expensive with it....no better than any of the other chain pubs.

Been twice (for preorganised friends birthdays) and been disappointed twice.

Not saying its terrible but better options elsewhere.

Not somewhere I would choose to eat at essentially.

What about rafters? Not cheap exactly but lovely food.

Or the pasta bar at sharrowvale is great food at reasonable prices - they do other dishes than just pasta (I had the best steak in ages there a few months back), and their home-made ice cream is fab.

I value your opinion Skinner based on some of the other places you've mentioned. My missus and her mates tend to do lunch occasionally and I know they've been there and said it was nice. But they probably had salad or something feminine like that!

The thing is, this guy is asking for a pub - not a restaurant. At least that's the way I'd read it. I like Rafters btw - but it's a bit more of a formal restaurant and this kid sounds like he's on a first date so he wants relaxed, chatty, pub type atmosphere with "half-decent" food.

There's loads better pubs that I can think of than the Prince of Wales, but not many around Sheffield centre that do "half-decent" food and are cheap, but would also be somewhere to make a good impression on a first date.

Hey, what do I know about first dates anyhow! I haven't been on one for years. But if I did I'd like something a bit upmarket, maybe even slightly romantic, soft lighting, nice decor, good food. And close access to open countryside with secluded lanes.:love:

Hey, what do I know about first dates anyhow! I haven't been on one for years. But if I did I'd like something a bit upmarket, maybe even slightly romantic, soft lighting, nice decor, good food. And close access to open countryside with secluded lanes.:love:

In that case look no further than The Gate at Overgreen. There is a nice little lane down the side of the pub with views for miles over open country. But please take your litter home afterwards.:o

http://www.viewsheffield.co.uk/pubsandbars/gate-inn-userreview-44239.html

Archived