Have you ever heard of a human interfering with WiFi?

It's not a coincidence because it's happened too many times. As soon as I walk through the door at my parents house their wifi cuts out completely and refuses to work for the entire duration of my visit. Literally happens the second I walk through the door and it starts working again for them the minute I leave. We thought it might be my phone, but I have a new handset and it still does it. I've tried turning my phone wifi and network connection off and it still does it. I switched my phone off completely and put it in the car... it still does it!!!

Is it me??? :? My sister calls me Magneto now. :hihi:

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Hi Shaz,

It could be the configuration on your WP7 that could be doing this. Try turning wifi off on your phone or get them to change wifi channel on the router to see if it helps.

Let me know how you get on

Regards,

A

It's not a coincidence because it's happened too many times. As soon as I walk through the door at my parents house their wifi cuts out completely and refuses to work for the entire duration of my visit. Literally happens the second I walk through the door and it starts working again for them the minute I leave. We thought it might be my phone, but I have a new handset and it still does it. I've tried turning my phone wifi and network connection off and it still does it. I switched my phone off completely and put it in the car... it still does it!!!

Is it me??? :? My sister calls me Magneto now. :hihi:

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what could be causing it?

My parents have just had broadband installed and there is something there that keeps interfering with their wifi, its called my dad. Guess who has to keep driving over there to turn it back on again :mad:

My parents have just had broadband installed and there is something there that keeps interfering with their wifi, its called my dad. Guess who has to keep driving over there to turn it back on again :mad:

Hi,

Might be worth setting the router up for remote access if it allows? Could save you the trip!

Regards,

A

Hi,

Might be worth setting the router up for remote access if it allows? Could save you the trip!

Regards,

A

I've read articles on it for Windows 7 but it confuses me. If it requires them doing anything at all at their end then forget it :hihi:

Hi Shaz,

It could be the configuration on your WP7 that could be doing this. Try turning wifi off on your phone or get them to change wifi channel on the router to see if it helps.

Let me know how you get on

Regards,

A

Hi, I tried turning off WiFi, data connection and 3G. Didn't work so I switched the phone off and stuck it in the boot of my car just to be certain. It still wouldn't work. It's very strange.

It took my mum 10 years to learn how to sign into her email.

Archived