Car fob won't work!

If your car has interlocking imobiliser and steering wheel lock, both electronic, and it not something simple, you are looking at £800 for a repair.

When you put your key in, do all the dash lights come on, if they do you are OK.

If the immobiliser light goes hard red, then that means trouble.

Have you put the new battery in the right way, regarding the polarity i mean ?

Yeah, I put it in exactly how the old one was. There's also little instructions just inside the fob showing you which way to do it.

Pretty certain I'm going to have to get a new one. Going through the dealership this would cost me £250, so I think eBay is the way to go, just need to find out how much reprogramming costs. I can't do it myself because I only have the one fob.

If your car has interlocking imobiliser and steering wheel lock, both electronic, and it not something simple, you are looking at £800 for a repair.

When you put your key in, do all the dash lights come on, if they do you are OK.

If the immobiliser light goes hard red, then that means trouble.

Yeah all the lights come on, it's just for locking.

Just stopped working earlier. Bought new battery and replaced it (yes I bought the correct one), still not working. Ideas? Anyone who fixes this sort of thing?

I’ve got a similar problem but mine works occasionally, the dealer says I need a new one at a cost of £240, they couldn't explain why a key represented 2% of the cost of the car. I would thing the fob would cast £20 tops to make.:mad:

Yep, comes away both sides. Had bare circuit exposed, buttons click... still won't work.
Last option before I give up::D:D

Can you verify that the battery holder is attached securely to the printed circuit at all its solder points?

I’ve got a similar problem but mine works occasionally, the dealer says I need a new one at a cost of £240, they couldn't explain why a key represented 2% of the cost of the car. I would thing the fob would cast £20 tops to make.:mad:

Same here, £250 from dealer so that's not an option.

Last option before I give up::D:D

Can you verify that the battery holder is attached securely to the printed circuit at all its solder points?

Yep, completely. I think it's the tiny bit of plastic that's missing and not keeping the battery secure in its place.

Yep, completely. I think it's the tiny bit of plastic that's missing and not keeping the battery secure in its place.
With the innards out, can't you use a finger to mimic the position of the missing plastic to press the place where the said plastic would press ....... just to see if this is the case? If that is the problem then pressure in lieu of it should work

Just to add: I am speaking from experience because mine went the same way. The bit of plastic in mine was to stop the circuit board flexing when the buttons were pressed ..... not to keep the battery tight.

With the innards out, can't you use a finger to mimic the position of the missing plastic to press the place where the said plastic would press ....... just to see if this is the case? If that is the problem then pressure in lieu of it should work

Just to add: I am speaking from experience because mine went the same way. The bit of plastic in mine was to stop the circuit board flexing when the buttons were pressed ..... not to keep the battery tight.

Yeah that was the first thing I tried, which is confusing me, but I can't think what else it could be.

Archived