Fake or counterfeit items for sale

Doombringer, with respect i think you're missing the point, you're throwing out the troll accusations due to myself and others posting in your thread, whilst you're yourself doing exactly that in other's threads.

Who's the troll. ?

ok can we just not even reply to the trolls and get the thread back on topic .

I think fake electricals, cigarettes and perfumes should be avoided as they can cause harm but fake clothes don't bother me as long as the people buying them know they are fake.

I think fake electricals, cigarettes and perfumes should be avoided as they can cause harm but fake clothes don't bother me as long as the people buying them know they are fake.

I share exactly that view mafya, anything that can cause harm is fair game.

I'm going to close this thread as it's getting rather bad tempered.

We have no problem with a thread such as this to demonstrate how to spot fake items, but as we have said via threads and the Helpdesk numerous times, it is the responsibility of the buyer alone to determine both whether an item is an original or a fake and also whether it is fit for purpose before parting with cash to buy it.

When an item is known to be a counterfeit then we will of course remove it from our classifieds, but given that most ads are placed with a stock image from elsewhere on the net, we cannot take the image as an indicator of whether the item is a genuine article or a fake.

Unwanted gifts and genuinely unused second hand items do exist too, so assuming that everybody who sells items stating that they are an unwanted gift is doing so fraudulently will, quite understandably, annoy everybody who is being tarred with the same brush as the counterfeit goods salespeople.

If you have proof that an item is fake then please supply that proof to the moderating team, but if you merely suspect that an item is fake then posting that on a classifieds thread will be taken as thread spoiling because at least a proportion of those items aren't fake; they are what the OP has stated that they are, and the OP is not happy at being accused of selling fake items.

Archived