Gingrich defends assertion that Palestinians are an ‘invented’ people

It's good to have someone with balls. I just hope he doesn't end up with a Fatwa on him.

What is most life threatening a fatwah, a mediumwah or a thinwah?

Or does a Wah Wah pedal get rid of noisy neighbours?

which fairytale?
That the gallant Israelis (GCP) stole their land.

Gingrich may just be the start of something. Historians might feel less threatened now to come out and tell the truth.
Let's hope so, then the Arabs can get back to their 13th century ways/culture.

And a right-wing American fundamentalist Christian has a right to tell someone whether they exist or not, what makes me laugh is what he says wont make a slight bit of difference in the eyes of people who do their own research into the Palestinian people.
And their Fellow Arabs who deny the Holocaust.

How about the Zionist lobby?

What about it?

OP and another of his sock-puppets.. :cool:

Looks like Digital Spy forums had a good reason to kick you off.

Oh dear look who's popped up again.

Could somebody take the time to explain why the Palestinians are an invented people?

They aren't. It's the most ridiculously silly claim I've come across for quite some time.

When the UN decided what to do with the British mandate of Trans-Jordan, after the second world war, they split it into two parts; Israel, a land for the Jews, and Jordan, a land for the Palestinians. I very much doubt that the UN would have created an entire country for the benefit of people who didn't exist.

Newt didn't go into details (not surprising) he preferred to pander to the jewish vote.

Just like bush on Iraq ;)

It looks like a really clumsy way of placing the rise of Palestinian national consciousness at some point in recent history, perhaps using the idea that it has been created purely to attack the state of Israel.

If that is what Newt is up to it's patent nonsense.

It is ironic that in a country with a professed commitment to Christianity that this guy believes that Palestinians are a contrivance.You cant move in the New testament for references to Palestine.

There's 300,000 Palestinian christians in the West Bank and Israel. Christians just like Newt. Wonder what he thinks of them.

It is ironic that in a country with a professed commitment to Christianity that this guy believes that Palestinians are a contrivance.You cant move in the New testament for references to Palestine.

I don't think you understand. The Romans banned the Jews and named their territory of Israel/Judea as 'palestine'.

There was never a country called 'palestine' and there were never 'palestinians'. The people living there at that time were Jews, Romans and some descendants of the Pagans.

Palestiniasn as a people were invented in 1964 as a political weapon to use against Israel.

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian people' to oppose Zionism...

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa. While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan." - PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhsein, March 31, 1977, interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw.

I don't think you understand. The Romans banned the Jews and named their territory of Israel/Judea as 'palestine'.

There was never a country called 'palestine' and there were never 'palestinians'. The people living there at that time were Jews, Romans and some descendants of the Pagans.

Palestiniasn as a people were invented in 1964 as a political weapon to use against Israel.

[/b]

So you think the Palestinians are terrorists but you trust what they say. Interesting views there.

Archived