Gingrich defends assertion that Palestinians are an ‘invented’ people

Iranians come from a country called Iran. Cubans come from a country called Cuba.

Palastinians come from a country called.....???

Basically this^^^

On top of that though, the palestinians have never governed a territory (until Israel gave them autonomy)

At no point in history did they even have a government or ran even just a patch of land, let alone have a country.

In fact, the majority of people pre-1948 who even used the term 'palestinian' were the Jews living there. The Arabs wanted to be called Arabs. You'll find the British occupation in 'palestine' mostly referred to them as Arabs.

There is nothing the palestinians can point to that shows they are a distinct group.

Just like Arafat tried to pass himself off as palestinian (he was actually Egyptian) so too are the rest of them.

The palestinian claim for Jerusalem is even more ridiculous. At no point in time has an Arab country controlled Jerusalem, let alone palestinians.

Sorry you lost me with that, what threat, which national group and who is the other.

Read my 1919 quote from Weissman earlier. The stated Zionist aim was to create a Jewish-Israeli national consciousness. The Zionist movement dates from the late 19th century not from 2000 years ago.

If you want to get picky the Jewish-Israeli national consciousness perhaps started to develop 30-40 years before the Palestinian one.

Fancy a game of Top Trumps?

Read my 1919 quote from Weissman earlier. The stated Zionist aim was to create a Jewish-Israeli national consciousness. The Zionist movement dates from the late 19th century not from 2000 years ago.

If you want to get picky the Jewish-Israeli national consciousness perhaps started to develop 30-40 years before the Palestinian one.

You're completely wrong. Jews had been saying every year (I think during passover) for thousands of years "next year, in Jerusalem". Since they were first exiled by the Greeks I think.

The reestablishment of Israel was a dream for thousands of years. Zionism was just the beginning of the organised campaign to return to their land.

Iranians come from a country called Iran. Cubans come from a country called Cuba.

Palastinians come from a country called.....???

Country does not always equal nation. Do some reading.

Iran consists of many ethnic groups. Kurds, Azeris, Turks, Persians, Arabs. The boundaries you see today are a recent thing which in many ways pay no respect to the different national groups.

Cuba is a post-colonial ex-Spanish territory. The Cubans of today haven't lived there for 2000 years. :rolleyes:

What the Zionist movement got to do with the fact that Palestine was split and the majority of it was given to the indigenous Arab Palestinians and the smaller part to the indigenous Palestinian Jews. And now the people that got the majority want more of it.

Country does not always equal nation. Do some reading.

Iran consists of many ethnic groups. Kurds, Azeris, Turks, Persians, Arabs. The boundaries you see today are a recent thing which in many ways pay no respect to the different national groups.

Cuba is a post-colonial ex-Spanish territory. The Cubans of today haven't lived there for 2000 years. :rolleyes:

Not sure what this as to do with the fact that Palestine was split unequally with the biggest part being given to Palestinian Arabs and the smaller part given to the Palestinian Jews.

Archived