Are addictions ever positive?

mart

It's important to remember that you cannot break free from an addiction.

Addictions are forever, the only thing you can do is stop the habit, the addiction stays with you forever once started.

Ex addicts when being honest say they are forever craving and only will power stops them being drawn back to the fix.

Possibly, the only addiction I've had has been cigarettes and since stopping many years ago i can say honestly that the temptation has never resurfaced.

Possibly, the only addiction I've had has been cigarettes and since stopping many years ago i can say honestly that the temptation has never resurfaced.

You are very lucky, I know people who have been stopped 20+ years and still admit to wanting one in certain situations.

It's important to remember that you cannot break free from an addiction.

Addictions are forever, the only thing you can do is stop the habit, the addiction stays with you forever once started.

Ex addicts when being honest say they are forever craving and only will power stops them being drawn back to the fix.

Does it depend though on what the addiction is?

What about sex addiction for example. 40 years later, the 20 year old sex addict is now 60. How likely is it he will still crave punnani?

Does it depend though on what the addiction is?

What about sex addiction for example. 40 years later, the 20 year old sex addict is now 60. How likely is it he will still crave punnani?

Would that not depend on the sex drive? There's probably some physiological changes that dampen the ardour.

Don't you get addicted to the release of endorphins, but usually it's relationships which scupper the actual addiction.

With sexual addiction if there is such a thing and I don't doubt there is, does it not become necessary to experiment more and more in order to get the satisfaction the body craves?

I got to wondering if addictions are ever positive. Initially, one may focus on the pleasurable aspect(s) derived from an addiction. But, are any addictions free from negative aspects. What if you are addicted to another person for example?

Can you be addicted to the buzz they get from excercise?

I'm adicted to playing my drums! Nothing negative about that!

Archived