Common Room - Warning

ashmorel

we tried to get into the common rooms last night, at about half nine but were turned away because it was invite only. was this true, (there were small signs in doors) or was it an excuse not to allow groups of more than 3 lads getting in because of the expected football violence.

Originally posted by antisocial

Dress restrictions are a pet peeve of mine anyway, why is my money not as good because I choose to dress a certain way. I can see the point if what you're wearing would cause aggro - football shirts etc, but just because you choose to express yourself (or not) by not following the herd.......or choose to dress appropriately for the weather rather than freeze your bits off.......ridiculous!

As I said they could be alright, maybe I'm just used to a more laid back easy going kind of place....

In this statement you seem to suggest certain dress restrictions are acceptable in that you say those in football shirts would cause aggro.

I have to say that some people do find those wearing hoodies appear threatening.

As a rule dress codes are for two reasons - one is to exclude people who might misbehave and the other is to maintain a certain smart, classy feel to the venue.

Anyway, the Common Room: I have been once and it's a nice place, but didn't seem to have much atmosphere.

Now I will say it was a cold Sunday evening and not very busy, which will give me a different experience to a busy Saturday night, but that said the Devonshire Cat was busy, as was the Cavendish.

I frickin' love the place. I managed to spend a silly amount of time there and grew to love it more than toasted marshmallows. The doormen are all really sound even when im reluctant to leave at the end of the night, and the bar staff are very accomodating especially with my ridiculously specific Rum and Cokes (2 limes please!!).

I noticed on Friday that the mix of people was really varied. Im not going to name all the 'types' of people, but it was good to see a 'football shirt' talking to a 'hoody' and that kind of stuff.

Anyway - love the place :D

2 LIMES PLEASE!!!

I had the best pint EVER in the common room!

Words can't describe how good it was, took the first sip and was soooooooooo amazed by the taste!!!!!

Most expensive pint EVER as well though!!!!

As for the bouncers, they weren't the best, demaning ID on a sunday night, me and my friends were clearly over 18!

Oh well, definitly recommend the place if you've never been..try the Stella!!!!!!!

We were there on Saturday night for a leaving party for a friend going to Australia. He hadn't handed out invites just told people to come down. They wouldn't let us in til we said who it was.

It was a good night, tis a nice place.

Originally posted by batmaa

I had the best pint EVER in the common room!

Words can't describe how good it was, took the first sip and was soooooooooo amazed by the taste!!!!!

Most expensive pint EVER as well though!!!!

As for the bouncers, they weren't the best, demaning ID on a sunday night, me and my friends were clearly over 18!

Oh well, definitly recommend the place if you've never been..try the Stella!!!!!!!

sheffield venues have now adopted a policy from the police of challenge 21.....quite simply if you look 21 or younger you will be challenged for your I.D. I know its a pain when your over 18, but hey ho, venues dont need their licences up for auction for letting in underage either....just live with it for the next couple of years till you obviously look over 21....:hihi: :hihi:

i love the place, i think its great- there's nowhere else like it in sheff that i know off.

cheers for the advice on the tabs, we always buy drinks on the tab (mostly because we like the waitress who comes to the pool table)

but yeah cool place, i like it

and to all those complainers about the dress code, if you don't like it, don't go there......simple really

The bouncers in there are some of the friendliest (sp????) i've met in Sheffield (admittedly i'm in there about 4 times a week). As for the issue with the drinks i can see how it would happen, but they shouldn'd be able to charge drinks to your table unless they've got the silver card that they give you.

Archived