What was your favourite childhood toy?

mumsy

I was just reading a thread about the dolls hospital and it got me thinking about my favourite childhood toys.

I had a doll called 'Teeny Tiny Tears' who would cry and wet her nappy after feeding her water from a bottle!

I had a teddy bear given to me when I was 2 yrs old and I called her 'Ann' - I still have this teddy bear and remember having lots of cuddles in my teenage years when falling in and out of love!!

I named all my dolls and teddies.

I was recently reunited with a favourite who was a 'Flatsy doll' so called because she was flat c/o Hawkins Bazaar!

What was your favourite doll/toy.

Did you name them?

I guess I am still a big kid at heart!

mumsy

(44yrs young!)

Action man,man from uncle gun,matchbox cars and last but not least twin holstered cowboy guns with hat to suit,when they were on,look out the residents of lodge moor,here comes 'Billy the kid!! God alone knows just how many milkmen/postmen general populace I shot with them!!

Do bicycles count as "toys"? If they do then that would definitely be my first choice. It gave me freedom - something I still value now (as I sit here indoors by the computer waiting for the nagging wife to return and set me some more tasks). :(

Other toys?

I liked cap guns - because I could scare people (in the nicest possible way) by hiding in our gennel and firing at them when they came past (made a nice loud echo).

Penknives - because I could go down the woods and chop down keks (a hollow stemmed plant) to make a good pea-shooter - and then fill me gob with haig berries and let folks have it! I could also make bows and arrows with and cut some twine from a bale of hay for the string.

Archived