We wont look back and shudder at these times will we?

Politics and world affairs asside, Is this decade the first decade where in the future people wont look back and cringe at?

There are aspects of all previous decades where people look back and laugh at some of the hideous fashions and technology, like flared trousers and mobile phones bigger than house bricks etc; but right now in 2011/12, fasion and technology is really good, and even though fashions will change and technology will improve, I dont think there's anything for future generations to laugh at.

Politics and world affairs asside, Is this decade the first decade where in the future people wont look back and cringe at?

There are aspects of all previous decades where people look back and laugh at some of the hideous fashions and technology, like flared trousers and mobile phones bigger than house bricks etc; but right now in 2011/12, fasion and technology is really good, and even though fashions will change and technology will improve, I dont think there's anything for future generations to laugh at.

The very same thing was probably said at those specific times. Give it 10 or so years, you will see an old tv programme from now and you will notice how naff things looked.

One decade's fashions bleed over to the next, so it's difficult to tell, so far, what's really of this decade; but for now I'd point to these:

Skinny jeans.

Tights as trousers.

The return of high waistbands on trousers.

Bieber cuts on blokes who should know better.

Excessive use of fillers and botox resulting in that lovely frozen pillow-face look.

Plenty to cringe at there in future years (when everyone is busy creating their own fashion disasters).

One decade's fashions bleed over to the next, so it's difficult to tell, so far, what's really of this decade; but for now I'd point to these:

Skinny jeans.

Tights as trousers.

The return of high waistbands on trousers.

Bieber cuts on blokes who should know better.

Excessive use of fillers and botox resulting in that lovely frozen pillow-face look.

Plenty to cringe at there in future years (when everyone is busy creating their own fashion disasters).

Orange seems to be in at the moment too. When I say orange, I don't mean fruit or myself, but complexions.

, I dont think there's anything for future generations to laugh at.

We will laugh in a few decades, that’s how it goes, when I was at school we had to use log tables and a slide rule, I can remember the first calculators that were as big as some small laptops are now…….. some of the best laughs are to be had by looking up tomorrows world and thinking ………

:hihi: Who knows what the future holds?

Archived