Are you scared of needles?

Sure but how many people have arachnophobia and how many are 'scared' of spiders. In fact it could be said of most phobias.

The same thing goes, really ... someone who's "scared of spiders" can deal with one if they have to but won't be happy about it. Someone with arachnophobia would refuse to go back into the room at all until after someone else has dealt with the thing!

I have a sort of phobia of needles.

Its not the injection that I'm actually scared of, if its just a quick injection then I don't like it(does anyone?) but it dosn't bother me that much. Its blood tests and canulars that freak me out, when needles stay under the skin. The thought of them being under the skin makes me feel physically sick, if I have blood taken I generally have to lay down when they do it, am prone to fainting and dizzyness.

I couldn't give blood anyway due to having a transfusion but if I could then knowing how important giving blood is then I would try(not saying I'd manage it but would try) x

I suspect I mix the two up i.e. phobia with not liking needles, though I have been known to pass out at the thought of someone else having a needle inserted (I used to work in operating theatres), and I've semi-fainted after one of my more recent injections.

I've not had my Hep B booster as I can't face the thought of the needle.

As for spiders, it's only the big ones I have a phobia of!

I have a sort of phobia of needles.

Its not the injection that I'm actually scared of, if its just a quick injection then I don't like it(does anyone?) but it dosn't bother me that much. Its blood tests and canulars that freak me out, when needles stay under the skin. The thought of them being under the skin makes me feel physically sick, if I have blood taken I generally have to lay down when they do it, am prone to fainting and dizzyness.

I couldn't give blood anyway due to having a transfusion but if I could then knowing how important giving blood is then I would try(not saying I'd manage it but would try) x

When a cannula is inserted the needle is removed leaving small plastic tube in place.

Archived