Public to vote on council tax rises

And, as I already point out, that's irrelevant to his point.

No it is not.

He reckons we can up the rent of social housing tenants to solve the spending problem of the council.

Crack is, the money don't go to the council. And we have paid money to give away and demolish our housing.

The rents HAVE been rising for a decade. Meanwhile, the council frittered money away. It even wasted money on demolishing housing. (It deserves a lot of blame for the coming crisis, when a young man burgles your home, beats you up etc., look to the evil men who stole from the public and denied him the opportunity to a decent life, for they are the real criminals, no matter how much they spend on publicity in the corrupt media to try and present themselves as our saviour's.)

Pretty soon, the rent will go to the council, unlucky for Sheffield seeing as it has chosen to demolish/sell/pay to give away, over half of its social housing.

So the council wasted money destroying the 'Citizens of Sheffield - CoS' own homes, destroying CoS future public income, and ruining the CoSs living standards.

More to the point, social housing isn't subsidised, and if anything the rents should be reduced out of FAIRNESS.

I'm glad I left Sheffield, it's fast becoming a ****hole and somewhere one is ashamed to be from.

Yes it is. His point is that the council rents are lower than market rate, and that if the council raised them to be equal to the market rate councils would have more money coming in.

The market rate is not the 'market rate'.

There is no freemarket in housing. And in 3 weeks time as the housing benefit cuts COME TO FRUITATION, we shall see the massive private housing subsidy cut.

Bye bye rental income.

Bye bye implied yields.

Bye bye implied house value.

Hello reality.

Yes it is. His point is that the council rents are lower than market rate, and that if the council raised them to be equal to the market rate councils would have more money coming in.

Other than the fact that most people in a council house don't pay rent because many of them will be on some form of benefits, so one council department will have to give more money to another council department.

Other than the fact that most people in a council house don't pay rent because many of them will be on some form of benefits...

I didn't know those statistics were available; I've never seen them.

Even if only one person in the whole city is actually paying rent to the council, raising that rent to the market rate for the property would provide extra income. Albeit, only a few pounds a week! :hihi:

Archived