Chrismas avatar top left hand corner

The advert which refers to all benefit recipients as 'dole scroungers' and calling it light hearted ?

I'm sorry but I just can't see it.

Where does it say all? If the worst thing someone has ever been called is a dole scrounger, they're doing better than I am. A good portion of life is learning to pick your battles. I've observed that the people who have the most troubles are often the ones who flip out over every perceived slight.

For once, I have to agree with you. Especially insensitive in the current climate what people losing their jobs etc.

I took a dole scrounger to mean someone who can work, but chooses not to. Someone who has lost their job, is disabled or injured, and for whatever reason needs help is not in the same category as the workshy.

If I'm missing something in the translation because I'm a yank, someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I took a dole scrounger to mean someone who can work, but chooses not to. Someone who has lost their job, is disabled or injured, and for whatever reason needs help is not in the same category as the workshy.

If I'm missing something in the translation because I'm a yank, someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

If you're missing it, then so am I. :D

lol, it was a joke in reference to all the dole haters on here. and the crossing out of christmas was to do with the daily mail reading up in arms contingent.

I'm on the dole.

plus it's not very clear but that's meant to be a packet of sliced turkey as that's what you will be eating for christmas dinner if you are on the dole :rolleyes:

Archived