Some good news at last.

i never said that we did, however everything which is considered moral has it's roots in christian theology

Are you sure? And according to whose morals?

Do you think if Christianity or religion didn't exist we wouldn't have come to the same conclusions through good, honest debate? As humans we instinctively know right from wrong.

They hadn't really thought about it, they just took it for granted that we stuck to the earth.

there you go, people can just take it for granted that a god (or gods) exist, they don't need religion to tell them how he/she/they operate.

i never said that we did, however everything which is considered moral has it's roots in christian theology

Are you really trying to claim that no pre Christian[1] theologies had rules about killing each other generally being a bad thing.

[1] Which presumably includes Judaism and everything in the old testament as you specifically mentioned pre Christian rather than pre Abrahamic.

there you go, people can just take it for granted that a god (or gods) exist, they don't need religion to tell them how he/she/they operate.

Someone would need to tell you what God or you would just think something exists that you don't understand. Like gravity people probably didn’t give much thought to why we didn’t float away, maybe they thought it was magic, but then man discovered the reason and it wasn’t magic.

which is what I said, believing in god is fine, it's religion thats the problem

By believing in God you are invoking magic, you can’t accept that you don’t understand so that which you don’t understand must be caused by GOD magic.

Archived