Some good news at last.

So would someone point out the potential benefits to British society when it becomes a 100 percent atheist state?

Will the standard of living improve, the economy with it? Will there be more jobs, less homeless on the streets and less taxes?

Of course not. So what's the point of calling it "good news" other than satisfying the atheists themselves.

This is a bit of a senseless thread

Look, I know what I believe, sorry it doesn't conmform to how you think people should believe things, but thats how it is.

I'm happy with it.

You don't believe, you just don't understand and because you don't understand you change the meaning of words to make yourself feel better. Next time I enter into a debate with you I will have to remember to ask what each word means in your world.

So would somepne point out the potential benefits to British society when it becomes a 100 percent atheist state?

Will the standard of living improve, the economy with it? Will there be more jobs, less homeless on the streets and less taxes?

Any of those things is possible, if people turn the energies that were previously directed at God, towards helping other people.

Whether they'll do so is another question entirely.

So would someone point out the potential benefits to British society when it becomes a 100 percent atheist state?

Of course not. So what's the point of calling it "good news" other than satisfying the atheists themselves.

Yes.........

On the face of it the standard of living, the economy, unemployment, probably has little correlation with atheism.

However, a society which makes decisions based on the concept that we should strive to make this life as good as we can, without regard for some fictitious afterlife or the demands of some supernatural entity, has more chance of being healthy.

The problem is not theism, or atheism, but dogma. Keep irrational beliefs out of politics, that is what is important.

I would argue that falling religiosity is indeed good news as Tony claims, because it reduces the irrational power wielded by dogma, and by people who claim to know the mind of god.

Then people will stop praying and use their hands to provide practical and lasting support to those in need. I see churches on most streets. My 'village' has seven. One is now a carpet shop, one just hosts events, one has a service at five on Sundays, one is a catholic church doing well. One is Jehovahs Witness and one is Sally Army.

All my life I have asked myself this question. In all the known galaxies, only one planet so far has ever been known to support life. The ingredients for this are air and water. For warmth wood and coal, then oil and electricity. For creation fairly even numbers of male and female. A superb feat of engineering by any standard. First we try gigantic animals like dinosaurs, figure out they don't fit the plans then get rid of them. Overstock then start a few wars to clear out some. While evolution has something to do with it, you can only evolve from a base, so who or what created that?

Archived