Nice day for a white wedding?

The eldest daughter of my friend wishes to get married next year in September or October. He and his wife have met the intended boy on several occasions and like him lots. BUT, there is a snag!

The daughter of my friend wants a white wedding with ALL and I mean ALL the trimmings. The parents of the groom have already stated that tradition dictates that the parents of the bride should foot the entire bill.

So, who should pay? My friend has three daughters and the one getting married is the eldest! He dare not set a precedent that could ruin him financially!

:(

The eldest daughter of my friend wishes to get married next year in September or October. He and his wife have met the intended boy on several occasions and like him lots. BUT, there is a snag!

The daughter of my friend wants a white wedding with ALL and I mean ALL the trimmings. The parents of the groom have already stated that tradition dictates that the parents of the bride should foot the entire bill.

So, who should pay? My friend has three daughters and the one getting married is the eldest! He dare not set a precedent that could ruin him financially!

:(

We paid for our own 28 years ago.

Archived