Is a parrot the answer.

I have just been to the pub and to be honest i could not wait to get back home.

The conversation in our corner was confined to who has won what on telly.

Some silly person got very angry because some footballer who i have never heard of got eliminated from can i dance or something.

Another was on about who or what had won a singing contest.

Bill who sits in the corner and never says a word[usualy] was very cross because Emerdale Farm no longer has any farmers in it.

Now i thought that tonight at least the conversation would have turned to our country once again standing alone in Europe but no one it seems is in the least little bit bothered.

Any way i made a dramatic exit [not due to drink as i had only drunk two large g@t,s .

But the parting shot from that drunkard with the stupid lady beard made me hopping mad.

Why dun,t tha get a parrot it,l talk more sense he shouted in his course tone.

Well i am sat here feeling vexed and wondering is he right! is a parrot the answer will i get more sense from a cockatoo.

Has any one got one for a companion if so does it watch the telly.

My Granddad had this parrot and it cost him ££££, the coal man came for his money one day and the bill was a right load and when Granddad looked down the cellar the cellar was full of coal,he said I never ordered that lot,the coal man said oh yes you did mate I knocked on your door yesterday morning and asked how many bags and you shouted 4 bags so I stuck 4 bags down your cellar, thats funny he said as I was out yesterday morning so you must have been hearing things mate,the coal man said I heard you plain and clear say 4 bags so pay up,just as things looked like getting a bit heated this voice in the house squawked out 4 bags 4 bags squawk 4 bags, the parrot was the exact voice of my Granddad even down to the Scottish ascent.

I think going from talking about reality shows to discussing politics is a case of one extreme to the other. Could you not break them in gently with what you saw last night on BBC 2 and then lead them onto Radio 4 perhaps?

My Granddad had this parrot and it cost him ££££, the coal man came for his money one day and the bill was a right load and when Granddad looked down the cellar the cellar was full of coal,he said I never ordered that lot,the coal man said oh yes you did mate I knocked on your door yesterday morning and asked how many bags and you shouted 4 bags so I stuck 4 bags down your cellar, thats funny he said as I was out yesterday morning so you must have been hearing things mate,the coal man said I heard you plain and clear say 4 bags so pay up,just as things looked like getting a bit heated this voice in the house squawked out 4 bags 4 bags squawk 4 bags, the parrot was the exact voice of my Granddad even down to the Scottish ascent.

Wonderfull story Tom i should be O.K. as i am central heated.

Archived