Organ donation time for an opt out policy?

If you will not give, should you receive ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you will not give, should you receive ?

Hello all.

Body organ donation in the news today.

Anyway do you think we should have an opt out policy?

By that I mean, on death your body is automatically harvested of organs, unless you have opted out.

Further to this.

If you have opted out of organ donation, you are not allowed to receive a donated organ if you need one

So you have to have not opted out of organ donation to be eligible for an organ.

I always want to say yes automatically, but when I think how it could be abused, I wonder.

I'll carry on carrying a donor card and hopefully very soon growing organs using stem cells will become a cheaper alternative.

I see your point, but when you see those kids waiting for organs. To me it's a no brainer.

Hello all.

Body organ donation in the news today.

Anyway do you think we should have an opt out policy?

By that I mean, on death your body is automatically harvested of organs, unless you have opted out.

Further to this.

If you have opted out of organ donation, you are not allowed to receive a donated organ if you need one

So you have to have not opted out of organ donation to be eligible for an organ.

I would have an opt out policy, and if you opt out of giving you automatically opt out of receiving. It may not be an issue much longer because they will soon be able to harvest pig’s organs that are genetically halted to match human DNA and won’t be reject by our immune system.

Archived