Organ donation time for an opt out policy?

If you will not give, should you receive ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you will not give, should you receive ?

im totally unsure to be honest, if it was made to opt out not opt in, then it goes from being the ultimate gift someone can give to "the norm", now people will survive yes that is undoubted ,but the whole good will of it goes out of the window too. i too can see the benefits of giving but at the same time i would also want to let my entire body be at peace.

and not to mention, in 10 years time will the same arguments be used to say donate your body parts "for research" ??? why not it may save lives, its a very VERY slippery slope

How would that be achieved?

It is burnt or left to decay, when it decays it doesn't look like peaceful rest, your body is eaten from the inside by, fungi, bacteria, it starts by inflating as the gasses build up inside, then it turns into a brown mushy mess, very unpleasant but it is part of the cycle of life.

I signed up recently, I was never against it but it was something I had not got around to doing. I'm just not fussed what happens after I die and I don't think that many people really are. Opt out makes sense so long as it is very easy to opt out.

Not to derail the thread too much, but it is kind of similar. If you were say found dead in suspicious circumstances can you refuse (well not you personally but your family) a forensic autopsy? as I presume that involves taking all your organs out, on the same grounds that people don't want to become organ donors?

How would that be achieved?

It is burnt or left to decay, when it decays it doesn't look like peaceful rest, your body is eaten from the inside by, fungi, bacteria, it starts by inflating as the gasses build up inside, then it turns into a brown mushy mess, very unpleasant but it is part of the cycle of life.

of course , but that is a choice i would like to make in due course.

Archived