Jeremy Kyle- right or wrong?

danot

. . . . . . Now I'm not condoning violence against women or anyone else for that matter, nor am I defending the guests actions, but shouldn't Jeremy Kyle have been a little less crass and more understanding of someone who may well be suffering from a type of illness, . . . ?
He and others like him that infest our gutter estates may well have an illness, but it's an illness that could be cured as far as his effect on society is concerned by locking him up for life, and socially removed within a couple of decades just through a spot of liberally-applied enforced sterilisation.

Until we wake up and start to do that with the dregs of society, their numbers will continue to expand.

As for Kyle, he panders to the voyeurs but hopefully makes some people among the viewers realise that their lifestyles are not acceptable.

I spotted Jeremy Kyle's book in the library and have just read it. He is honest about his gambling addiction, he knows he messed up when he was young, with his first marriage etc, but he has changed his life and appears to have a solid second marriage and is a responsible father to his 4 children. He openly regrets the worry he put his parents through, and talks about the solid values his parents (and many others of their generation) held. His only brother has had a drug addiction too.

Whilst I'm not a fan of 'public humiliation TV', I have watched his show a few times, and I sort of understand where he's coming from. I'm not particularly keen on his style, but the thousands who want to be in the audience obviously appreciate it.

We do have to face up to the fact that in this country there are too many children having children. There are too many parents who don't take responsibility for themselves, never mind their offspring. There is a lot of damage done in families, and if his show can help even a few then I suppose that is a positive.

I also can't imagine why, when contraception is freely available, it isn't used responsibly. Not just to prevent unwanted pregnancies, but to limit the chance of STIs. So I'm with him on that score, even if I'm not keen on his style of delivery. :o

I'm sure no-one I know would want to bare their soul in front of the nation, but if people can't get the help they feel they need from their families, or from health or social services, where can they go? In his book he says the numbers on the show are the tip of the iceberg. At least his show can pay for appropriate treatment for those who genuinely want to change.

I spotted Jeremy Kyle's book in the library and have just read it. He is honest about his gambling addiction, he knows he messed up when he was young, with his first marriage etc, but he has changed his life and appears to have a solid second marriage and is a responsible father to his 4 children. He openly regrets the worry he put his parents through, and talks about the solid values his parents (and many others of their generation) held. His only brother has had a drug addiction too.

Whilst I'm not a fan of 'public humiliation TV', I have watched his show a few times, and I sort of understand where he's coming from. I'm not particularly keen on his style, but the thousands who want to be in the audience obviously appreciate it.

We do have to face up to the fact that in this country there are too many children having children. There are too many parents who don't take responsibility for themselves, never mind their offspring. There is a lot of damage done in families, and if his show can help even a few then I suppose that is a positive.

I also can't imagine why, when contraception is freely available, it isn't used responsibly. Not just to prevent unwanted pregnancies, but to limit the chance of STIs. So I'm with him on that score, even if I'm not keen on his style of delivery. :o

I'm sure no-one I know would want to bare their soul in front of the nation, but if people can't get the help they feel they need from their families, or from health or social services, where can they go? In his book he says the numbers on the show are the tip of the iceberg. At least his show can pay for appropriate treatment for those who genuinely want to change.

You don't think that a percentage of them are using the show purely to sample that fifteen minutes of fame then?

I don't watch the show but i am familiar with the format.

You don't think that a percentage of them are using the show purely to sample that fifteen minutes of fame then?

I don't watch the show but i am familiar with the format.

possibly, but i'm not sure that admitting you are a wife beater, serial adulterer, thief or drug addict is really something to be famous for

I've just been watching the Jeremy Kyle show in which one of his guests had come on to the show to speak about how he has been physically abusive to every girlfriend that he's ever had. The guest nervously but openly explained how he'd snapped the spine of one girlfriend by picking her up then dropping her onto his knee.

Throughout the chat, Jeremy repeatedly told the guy what a despicable human being he was, he refused to shake his hand when he came on stage, he basically treated the fella like a piece of c*** throughout.

Now I'm not condoning violence against women or anyone else for that matter, nor am I defending the guests actions, but shouldn't Jeremy Kyle have been a little less crass and more understanding of someone who may well be suffering from a type of illness, someone who came onto the show because he accepts that his behavior is spiraling out of control and now knows that he requires professional help and support to help him with his excessive aggressive nature rather than treating him as someone who pollutes the air by breathing?

JK has no sympathy with anyone; he couldn't care less what that guy did; he's only in it for the ratings.

That's what usually makes a pretty vile individual. Making a living from others' misery.

JK has no sympathy with anyone; he couldn't care less what that guy did; he's only in it for the ratings.

That's what usually makes a pretty vile individual. Making a living from others' misery.

no one forces these people to go on the show, and they certainly know what they are in for

Archived