Taliban heroin and your street

Why not supply it for free (to addicts) from poppies grown in Afghanistan?

It has been suggested several times but the USA will not allow the any crop to be bought as the say it is "rewarding the terrorists."

There is a world shortage of pharmaceutical heroin and at present most of it is purchased from Australia as its a good cash crop for them.

Why not supply it for free (to addicts) from poppies grown in Afghanistan?

I agree. Its about time we had a grown up policy in relation to drugs. This method would end all crime related to drugs and also aid the users because the addicts would only get pure stuff and not the rubbish that kills many of them.

The government, if it so wished, could then target resources at the users, to get them of the drug.

The only problem would be that some people would happily spend their entire lives on drugs and no doubt benefits. The question is is this a price worth paying. I think it is..

True. Very true. But that is not the issue here.

It is when you're advocating destruction of the supply of raw materials that make pharmaceutical opiates.

I would supply it free, from poppies grown in the uk

There's not enough room.

I do not think so.

Good job your opinion means nothing then.

Archived