Online shopping - good or bad?

I've been feeling a little smug these last couple of weeks as I did the main part online. Felt great no stress trying to find a parking space, or having to fight through the crowds & even saved a fair bit shopping via their online stores (somehow much cheaper then in their stores) . So far had 3 parcels, one has been sent back twice because each time they sent the wrong item, the 2nd sent back as it was left on my doorstep in the pouring rain (delivery date was Monday but delivered Friday) & today my neighbour phoned me to say a parcel had been left in her black bin (by the roadside) luckily she noticed the lid stuck up & wondered who had put something in her bin (luckily she noticed it before the bin men came). So is it just me that has this home delivery curse or has anyone else suffered?

I prefer online shopping but I'm careful to make sure that whoever I buy from uses a delivery service I've had positive experiences of.

If they use CityLink --- Forget it! :gag:

Seriously, brain damaged chimps would be able to outwit the average CityLink driver.

Where they get them from I don't know. Some place where evolution took a back seat I'd imagine.

UPS aren't bad.

Generally I go for Royal Mail delivery since parcel deliveries are pretty predictable in my area (usually between 10:30 and 11:00).

I ordered online with Tesco Clothing for a dress for my works Xmas party. Order placed on 24th November. Hadn't turned up by 4th December so I called them about it. They called me back to tell me the courier (Hermes?) had left it with reception (we have a caretaker/concierge in our block of flats).

I've been chasing the caretaker since and never catch him in the office. Managed to get him today and he knew nothing about a parcel. He said it's happened a lot where another resident will let a courier into the building and they'll just leave the parcel by the reception door if he's not there, where anyone can take it, and then as far as their concerned it's a done deal.

Luckily Tesco have sent out a free replacement on next day delivery so i'll wait and see if this one turns up tomorrow....doesn't leave me much time before my work party (Friday) if it doesn't fit though!

Fuming is an understatement.

I ordered online with Tesco Clothing for a dress for my works Xmas party. Order placed on 24th November. Hadn't turned up by 4th December so I called them about it. They called me back to tell me the courier (Hermes?) had left it with reception (we have a caretaker/concierge in our block of flats).

I've been chasing the caretaker since and never catch him in the office. Managed to get him today and he knew nothing about a parcel. He said it's happened a lot where another resident will let a courier into the building and they'll just leave the parcel by the reception door if he's not there, where anyone can take it, and then as far as their concerned it's a done deal.

Luckily Tesco have sent out a free replacement on next day delivery so i'll wait and see if this one turns up tomorrow....doesn't leave me much time before my work party (Friday) if it doesn't fit though!

Fuming is an understatement.

That's why apart from fancy dress, I would never buy important clothes online, I always go and try them on first to make sure they fit.

I've done a lot of ordering online over the last few weeks on Amazon and eBay, most of the stuff has been delivered courtesy of Royal Mail, but Amazon used Yodel (formerly known as DHL), who are, according to a thread on here last week, rubbish.

Archived