American Stunt Drivers At Owlerton!!

old tup

I,ve just been thinking about times past round about the early 60s, at that time I used to be into the Speedway racing and Stock car racing too at Owlerton Stadium.We only lived 500yds away behind the stadium I can remember our old boy letting cars park in our front yard which was quite large and secure behind large steel gates,all free he could have made a bob or too like they do nowadays!.Anyway the thing I remember well was the American Stunt Drivers making a one off performance at this time,I watched them arrive behind the stadium in their Chevie Impalas and I was stood at the side of one of them as he got out and said"Jesus what a hole!" not impressed with the facilities I guess!.That night the performance was fantastic the stunts were like you see in James Bond movies very impressive to us at the time,I never forgot them I wonder if any Forum members saw them at the time?.:cool::confused:

Hi old tup - the American "Trans World Cars" outfit once came to Owlerton and I remember going to see the stunt driving - quite impressive. It can't have been long after the Harlem Globetrotters came to Hillsborough, which according to my diary was in 1957. Bloomin' heck - was it really as long ago as that? :o

• 5 months later...

Archived