Awful Post office "Service"

AAAGH ! A card on the doormat from the postman, even though I was in all day, they NEVER knocked on the door, just posted a card, saying I have to collect My parcel from Woodseats Post office Depot.

When I arrived at this place today, I was utterly gobsmacked, the queue in the middle of the morning was just like something from Communist era Russia, Queueing for bread in the freezing cold. All the poor people lined up some with little children and babies, in a long long line.

What has it come to ? the Post office has no notion of customer service, why don't they make deliveries in the evening when people are likely to be at home ? It is utterly awful and most depressing having to wait for half an hour in the freezing cold to collect your stuff.

Why cant they take it to the local post office ? where it can be collected easily why do we have to be subject to this awful degrading and vile treatment waiting in a huge queue ?

I wish and hope they sack the lot of them, privatise it and bring something approaching a decent service that we deserve.

Post Office - You are a disgrace to the country.

Er, you're confusing:

a. Post Office Counters; and

b. Royal Mail.

Used to be part of one big organisation (inc. National Savings)- but now run quite independently.

Degrading and vile treatment because you stood in a que???? For an item you more than likely ordered online from the warmth and comfort of your living room with your wages or Dole money??? Get yourself back in the real world and think yourself lucky you weren't queing up for a loaf of bread.

Did you even consider the postman may not have been able to fit your parcel in his bag and to avoid delaying it any further in a van backlog they just ask you to collect it???

And while we're on the subject, just how many staff do you think it's feasible to fit in a callers office to deal with looking for parcels for customers??? Maybe you'd like ten or twenty of them in there so no one can move around or find anything????

Idiot.

Don't they use vans as well for oversized parcels and packages though. It's unlikely the postie on foot would carry anything too large I would have thought, less likley that he'd deliver a card to notify a failed try.

Yes they do, but some items are put out for the vans by the postie if they're too big for the bag, my point was if there is already a backlog of van delivered parcels, maybe the postie delivered a collect card instead of putting it out for the van to get delayed any further, I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's just a possibility.

ooh poor you stop your whining, just stupid to say " they didn't knock " more like you never heard them :roll:, why would they bother to cart the parcel back and forth if they had no intention of trying to deliver it , suppose your supersonic hearing never heard the ninja postie flipping the letterbox to go to the trouble of leaving you a card either . Are you too good to queue with the rest of us. Get a life and whine about something that really matters :rant:

Brilliant reaction:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Degrading and vile treatment because you stood in a que???? For an item you more than likely ordered online from the warmth and comfort of your living room with your wages or Dole money??? Get yourself back in the real world and think yourself lucky you weren't queing up for a loaf of bread.

Did you even consider the postman may not have been able to fit your parcel in his bag and to avoid delaying it any further in a van backlog they just ask you to collect it???

And while we're on the subject, just how many staff do you think it's feasible to fit in a callers office to deal with looking for parcels for customers??? Maybe you'd like ten or twenty of them in there so no one can move around or find anything????

Idiot.

Nice one!Excellent post.

I wish and hope they sack the lot of them, privatise it and bring something approaching a decent service that we deserve.

Ever used a courier to send parcels?

Drivers that are on "self employed" contracts so no sick pasy but an obligation to deliver even if ill, so illness or accident costs them in employing cover, getting 30-50p a parcel and nothing for a failed delivery

If you're out, you don't even get a card - driver ain't getting paid for a failed delivery so not faffing about

Parcels getting returned to sender after one failed delivery, they try to deliver to a business address in the evening/out of hours so don't put it out for re-delivery just RTS as "address undeliverable"

Expensive mobile phones left on the back doorstep or in a bin

If you want to collect, you HAVE to go to a depot, you can't have it redirected to your local P.O. (CollectPlus is the only one which offers delivery to a local C+ shop, but even then, not as easily as redirecting your Mail delivery)

That's the wonderful world of private deliveries

Thankfully the tories haven't yet managed to turn the Post Office, for all its faults, into that model where nobody wins, not the sender, not the driver, not the recipient, except the company directors

Seems like I am not the only one to consider the service offered by ROYAL Mail to be unacceptable.

Post office / Royal Mail

Anyone with any common sense knows what I am talking about. it was called Consignia once but that didn't catch on . . .

Come on, the Woodseats sorting office has been the same for years, but the volume of stuff bought online has grown, and the number of parcels has grown also, but the infrastructure in place to handle it hasnt grown, hence the cr%P service i am complaining about.

You try waiting in a queue outside, for half an hour in this weather ????

I am always available for deliveries and if I am out my domestics answer the door.You should buy a decent coat and a hat,then the cold is no problem.They have some nice ones in Jermyn Street EC4 if you are in town soon.

Archived